Sponsoring a BSD special event is a great way to gain exposure and support the community. Download the
2018 BSD Event Sponsorship Packet
for sponsorship opportunities that meet all budgets. Thank you for your support!
LSMX Opportunity with Retail Consultant - Buxton Company
who their customers are, where they can find others like them and helps them to target advertisements to that select group. Try the LSMX software at
. If you like the program, licenses will be given on a first-come, first-served basis to businesses expressing an interest to the BSD by e-mailing
Join a BSD Committee
Become more involved with the Birmingham Shopping District by filling out an application to join one of the following committees: Business Development, Special Events, Maintenance and Capital Improvements and/or Marketing. The BSD Board will review your application and you will be notified regarding the status of your request. Download the rules and application today!
Downtown Publications - Dig This City Promotion
Downtown Publications is offering a special "Dig This City" promotion for Birmingham businesses throughout April, May and June. The program is designed to add excitement and attract customers during the Old Woodward construction project. For just $300, businesses can place a full color ad in all three issues. Discounts will also be given to businesses who wish to run larger ads during the promotion. Participating retailers will also receive Dig This City contest entry forms for paying customers throughout the promotion. Winning customers will enjoy airline tickets and restaurant gift cards. Learn more by contacting Mark Grablowski at 248-792-6464 (ext. 601).
Improving Your Social Media Strategy - Near Perfect Media
Sara Locricchio from Near Perfect Media offered the following social media tips:
- Share relevant content
- Engagement - increase likes and shares by asking questions or offering prizes to those who comment and/or tag someone in their comment.
- Paid Strategy - Even a $25 Facebook boost goes a long way!
- Influencers - Include a famous spokesperson in your posts.
- Increase your reach by using hashtags and tagging people or businesses.
Advisory Parking Committee Vacancies
Join the City of Birmingham's Advisory Parking Committee! Vacancies include:
1 Member - Must represent a professional firm within the parking assessment district.
2 Alternate Members - Must own property, own a business or work in the parking assessment district.
2 Regular Members - One building owner - partial term ending 9/4/18. One restaurant owner.
Updates Regarding the Old Woodward Reconstruction Project
- The work will begin in March and finish by July 27th, weather permitting.
- The work will be done from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m., six days per week.
- Visit www.bhamgov.org/enotify and sign up for the Old Woodward Reconstruction group to receive texts or e-mails when the project webpage has been updated.
- Visit www.bit.ly/bhamnews and sign up for the following Constant Contact groups: