Birmingham Bonus Bucks
- The BSD board has approved additional funds be allocated to the program (bringing the total to $50,000). This should allow the BSD to continue issuing BBBs through June - maybe even until the originally promoted end date of July 15
expire on July 25th. Merchants - do not accept BBBs from shoppers after July 25th.
- Merchants - bring BBBs that were used as tender at your store to the BSD for reimbursement by
Birmingham Farmers Market
- Reminder: BSD Merchants are offered two free weeks at the market.
- The Birmingham Farmers Market Chef Clash event will be held on Sunday, June 24
Birmingham Movie Nights
- The June Movie Night event will take place next Friday, June 22
nd in Booth Park. Featured Movie - Sing.
- Other movies: July 20
th - Back to the Future, August 24
th - The Incredibles
- Sponsorship opportunities are still available
Day On The Town
- The event is scheduled for July 28
construction won't be complete until early-August.
- The BSD has the option to hold the event July 28
th with sales inside the stores (no sidewalk sales), or move the event to August 11.
- Early feedback from merchants indicates they prefer to wait until August 11
th when it is anticipated construction will be done and it is expected we will be able to have sales outside.
- Your feedback regarding Day On The Town is important.
Please take a moment to complete a short survey regarding the date of Day On The Town.
Birmingham Cruise Event
- Those with classic cars and those interested in volunteering at the August 18th Birmingham Cruise Event may download applications at
- Main Street Oakland County is offering a two-day workshop titled Retail in the Age of Amazon, scheduled for July 9 and July 16. Space is limited to 100 attendees; first-come first-served. Follow this link to register today!
- Buxton Reports -
The BSD has the ability to run reports for merchants that break down information about their shoppers and what the market looks like. These reports show statistics such as types of purchases made, average incomes, and other demographics. Click on the image below to learn about these reports.
The Old Woodward Reconstruction project is
Contractors have completed the installation of the concrete roadway and
all of the water and sewer work
on North Old Woodward.
It is necessary to keep Maple closed to car traffic during the upcoming landscape phase so pedestrians can safely navigate the new temporary sidewalk on the roadway. The City thanks you for your patience and understanding as it undertakes the complex excavation and landscape phase of the project in the safest and most efficient manner possible.