The Illinois Manufacturers’ Association has been communicating directly with manufacturers across Illinois as the situation changes and will continue posting resources online at the IMA’s dedicated page
Mark Denzler, president & CEO of the Illinois Manufacturers’ Association joined Governor JB Pritzker at his press conference today to announce a new collaboration with our partners at iBIO.
The IMA will lead a joint Task Force designed to increase the production of needed medical products and equipment. If you can create essential products, or be part of the supply chain,
please let us know
The IMA also released a new
Question & Answer section
on our website. This document contains some of the most frequently asked questions and we continue adding to it.
The Governor and Director of Public Health announced the following.
- There are a total of 12 deaths related to the coronavirus
- There are 236 new cases of the coronavirus in Illinois including an infant
- A total of 1,285 cases have been confirmed in 31 of 102 counties.
New or critical items of note that were discussed today by the Governor and local leaders.
- The Governor encouraged manufacturers to increase production and help provide necessary supplies and goods.
- Supplies are in short order and Illinois is looking for N95 masks, gowns, gloves, sanitizers, and other products. The IMA issued a notice yesterday seeking these products or you can email email@example.com.
- In response to a question, the Governor confirmed that employees do not need “papers” in order to travel.
- The Governor announced that employees and individuals can call DCEO to report businesses that they don’t believe are essential.
Employer Resources & Programs
The IMA is offering conference calls this week to update manufacturers and businesses about changing laws, rules, and regulations.
Tuesday morning, the IMA will host the Thomas Chan, Director of the Illinois Department of Employment Security for a presentation on unemployment insurance programs and impact on employers and employees.
To register, please click here