The Illinois Manufacturers’ Association has been communicating directly with manufacturers across Illinois as the situation changes and will continue posting resources online at the IMA’s dedicated page
AbbVie, a great IMA member, has significantly increased their production and is donating more than 40,000 vials of VTM per week through the end of June for the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Finance announced that the City of Chicago will be offering
additional financial relief
for the business community impacted by COVID-19 by further extending tax payment due dates for restaurants, hotels and other taxpayers by an additional 30 days. To mitigate some of the economic pressure being felt by local businesses, the City will extend tax payment remittances for the months of February, March and April 2020 until June 1.
As reported yesterday, the IMA is pushing for additional federal funding for the Paycheck Protection Program, established under the CARES Act to provided critical assistance to small businesses and manufacturers, has run out of funding. Please consider
clicking on this link to send our members of Congress a message
to ask them to immediately pass additional funding for the Paycheck Protection Program.
Daily COVID-19 Results
Governor JB Pritzker held his daily press conference and announced:
- There are 1,843 new cases of coronavirus in Illinois.
- There are a total of 1,134 deaths related to coronavirus in Illinois, including 62 additional deaths announced today.
- A total of 27,575 cases have been confirmed in at least 90 of the 102 counties.
- There have been 130,163 individuals tested for coronavirus in Illinois.
Press Conference Key Updates
New or critical items of note that were discussed today by the Governor:
- Today Governor Pritzker announced that he was suspending in-person learning in schools (public and private) for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- To prepare classrooms for students return, the Governor also announced that he will be signing an executive order modifying license requirements for future educators who are nearly finished with their studies to allow schools to hire qualified teachers when children return to classrooms.
Employer Resources & Programs
The Illinois EPA has launched their own
COVID-19 information and resource web page
for those with question on environmental regulations during the current pandemic. Most notably, in a
on the web page, the Agency noted that it will use enforcement discretion during the current disaster proclamation.
During today's press conference, Illinois Department of Public Health Director, Dr. Ngozi Ezike, noted that individuals looking to get tested for COVID-19 can find testing sites by visiting