The Illinois Manufacturers’ Association has been communicating directly with manufacturers across Illinois as the situation changes and will continue posting resources online at the IMA’s dedicated page
The Governor was asked during today's press conference what role the state has in ensuring workers are being kept safe in certain circumstances, specifically noting meat processing facilities. The Governor remarked that while it is generally a federal issue, the state is working with local health departments to ensure companies are using PPE and enforcing good policies for their employees. The Governor also noted that at times the state has had to threaten to shut down facilities.
Daily COVID-19 Results
Governor JB Pritzker held his daily press conference and announced:
- There are 1,197 new cases of coronavirus in Illinois.
- There are a total of 1,290 deaths related to coronavirus in Illinois, including 33 additional deaths announced today.
- A total of 30,357 cases have been confirmed in at least 93 of the 102 counties.
- There have been 143,318 individuals tested for coronavirus in Illinois.
Press Conference Key Updates
- Speaking briefly today, the Governor confirmed that Illinois is airlifting emergency response materials, such as gloves and masks, from other counties as the state bids against other states, other countries and the federal government for supplies.
Employer Resources & Programs