The Illinois Manufacturers’ Association has been communicating directly with manufacturers across Illinois as the situation changes and will continue posting resources online at the IMA’s dedicated page
During questions following the Governor's press conference, the Governor made note that he does not believe that every worker needs to be tested every day, though more testing is needed.
Daily COVID-19 Results
Governor JB Pritzker held his daily press conference and announced:
- There are 1,151 new cases of coronavirus in Illinois.
- There are a total of 1,349 deaths related to coronavirus in Illinois, including 59 additional deaths announced today.
- A total of 31,508 cases have been confirmed in at least 95 of the 102 counties.
- There have been 148,358 individuals tested for coronavirus in Illinois.
Press Conference Key Updates
- Governor Pritzker gave an update today on the hospitalization rate for COVID-19 patients and the total number of ventilator in Illinois. The following numbers compare April 6 to April 19:
- Total coronavirus patents in general hospital beds:
- April 6: 3,680 patients
- April 19: 4,599 patients
- Total percentage of ICU beds and occupancy:
- April 6: 2,700 ICU beds that are 40% occupied
- April 19: 3,100 ICU beds that are 40% occupied
- April 6: 29% of Illinois' ventilators occupied by coronavirus patients
- April 19: 23% of Illinois' ventilators occupied by coronavirus patients
- Even though case numbers and hospitalizations are rising, the Governor noted that the numbers are rising more slowly and that the curve is bending in the right direction.
Employer Resources & Programs
The U.S. Department of Labor announced today the end of the temporary period of non-enforcement of paid leave protections under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
The non-enforcement period allowed the Department to offer extensive guidance and education about the law’s requirements. The Department offers extensive plain-language guidance on the requirements of the law, including
Questions and Answers
Fact Sheet for Employees
Fact Sheet for Employers