Dear VMS Parents,
I am sharing some important updates regarding the Coronavirus outbreak. Our administrative staff has been very focused on gathering and learning all we can about the COVID-19 outbreak. We have drafted protocols on how and when to determine next steps through the development of a
COVID-19 Outbreak Management Plan.
It is an ever changing situation. My goal is to create a sense of calm and to assure all of you, our students and parents that we are handling the outbreak in a measured and proactive way.
CURRENT STAFF REQUIREMENTS:
All work surfaces and counter areas need to be cleaned daily.
- before snack and after snack
- before lunch and after lunch
- after the students leave at the end of the day
- NO CLOTH TOWELS – use paper towels only
All students and staff must wash hands (Elementary & Middle School may also use hand sanitizer)
- after entering the classroom
- before and after eating
- after using the restroom
- after blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing
- We have removed all food prep activities from the classroom.
- Children are served only individual snacks.
- No handshaking. Use elbow bump or other form of greeting which does not involve the hand.
- Children should stay home if they show symptoms of a fever and other flu-like symptoms. If they arrive at school and appear sick, we will contact you immediately.
- If your child will be out of school, contact your teacher by 9 am to Indicate the reason for the absence. If illness, please indicate the symptoms in your email.
In the event it is determined the school needs to be closed, we will have a plan for remote learning in the elementary and middle school levels.
We have been advised to not host gatherings on the VMS campus that would bring people from outside our community. As a result we have made the following decisions:
- We cancelled the East Bay Association for Young Children Workshop scheduled for tomorrow, 3/7.
- We cancelled the use of our gym by Maranatha Vision Church on Sundays.
- Field trips may be cancelled depending on location.
- Middle School Dance will be held tonight with added restrictions.
- Choice Lunch options will be modified starting next week to only include individually packaged items. Pizza will be temporarily removed from the menu and substituted with a similar item. Parents will receive an email from ChoiceLunch regarding the other substitution choices.
We are continuously monitoring the guidance offered by the CDC, WHO, the Alameda County Public Health Department, the Livermore school district, AMS, CAIS and many other reliable resources. We will update you as we learn more information.
Thank you for helping to work together to keep a safe and peaceful community.
With deep gratitude,