As of yesterday, July 7, the Mid-Hudson Region is in Phase IV. If you’re an employer included in Phase IV, then you must follow these steps to be open. To find your industry status, use the reopen lookup tool
or see the chart above.
You must follow these steps to reopen:
- Go to the NY Forward website HERE.
- Click on “Phase Four Guidance.”
- Select your industry on the left side navigation bar.
- Click on and read “View Summary Guidelines” for your industry.
- Click on and read “Read and Affirm the Detailed Guidelines” for your industry, and then click the link at the bottom of the page or HERE to complete the form and hit submit.
- Click on “Print Business Safety Plan Template” for your industry, and then print and fill out the template, and keep on file at your place of business.
- Implement the Safety Plan.
It is imperative that you go above and beyond the recommended guidance to ensure we do not spread COVID-19. You know your business better than anyone and you must identify areas that have potential risk. Should the metrics indicate spike in COVID-19 cases then the State of New York may place further restrictions on employers or once again enact a PAUSE order.
Please use common sense to keep your customers and employees safe and healthy. Your customers will appreciate the extra precautions and continue to patronize your establishment. Your employees will also respect your level of care.
Governor Cuomo has announced that malls will be permitted to reopen on Friday, July 10. In order to open, malls must be located in a region in Phase IV, have an HVAC filtration system with a MERv-11 rating or higher, and institute ventilation protocols to increase the amount of outdoor air being brought into the mall. The below image was used during today's press conference.