Dear VMS on-campus staff and families,
- Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival. These persons should limit their interactions to their immediate household. This recommendation does not apply to individuals who cross state or country borders for essential travel.
- Californians are encouraged to stay home or in their region and avoid non-essential travel to other states or countries. Avoiding travel can reduce the risk of virus transmission and bringing the virus back to California.
Due to the above advisory, VMS is requesting on-campus staff and families who choose to travel to self-quarantine for 14 days upon their return. Elementary and Middle School families that choose to travel will have the opportunity to learn from home on an interim basis and participate in online lessons and activities
Traveling or not, best practices of reducing the spread of Covid-19 still include:
- wearing a mask
- maintaining 6 feet distance
- not gathering indoors with people outside your immediate family
- washing hands frequently.
We know this is difficult, especially with the holidays upon us. Our aim here is not to be overly restrictive but to follow the current government advisory to keep our community safe and healthy. Thank you for joining us in this commitment.