Dear Copper Ridge 8th Grade Parents,
Hard to believe that in a couple of short weeks, our kids will be promoting from Copper Ridge School and moving on to the next great adventure of their lives! Here’s an important update about the 8th Grade Main Event Field Trip along with a little reminder of what’s going on this month.
8th Grade Main Event Field Trip Cancellation
As a follow-up to the message you received from Mrs. Slover this morning, the 8th Grade Promotion Committee will be issuing a refund check of $30 to all families who contributed to the Main Event Field Trip or you may choose to donate the funds to the 8th Grade Promotion Committee.
- Refund checks will be mailed to your home address on Wednesday, May 16th.
- If you would like to donate those funds then please email Nicole Williamson by Friday, May 11th. If you choose to donate the funds then they will be used to enhance the 8th Grade Promotion Party on Friday, May 18th at The Country Club at DC Ranch or towards end of year gifts for our amAZing 8th Grade teachers.
8th Grade Promotion Party at The Country Club at DC Ranch
Friday, May 18th
The Promotion Party is on Friday, May 18th from 7:00-10:00pm.
Kids need to be signed in and out by an adult. NO drop-offs allowed.
There will be a DJ, food, photo booth and games. Country club casual dress is acceptable, boys can wear a collared shirt with shorts or jeans and girls, dresses, skirts, jeans, and top. NO bathing suits rips or tears.
8th Grade Promotion Day - Breakfast and Ceremony
Thursday, May 24th
CRS Middle School Gym
The Promotion Ceremony is on Thursday May 24th at 12:00pm in the Middle School Gym. You can enter through the back gate (near pickup/dropoff). Gates will open at 11:30am. Siblings who are attending the ceremony should be signed out of school through the Front Office. And just a little dress code reminder...
- Boys are encouraged to wear a collared shirt and dress pants (no jeans) to promotion ceremony
- Attire cannot expose, chest, abdomen, midriff, or undergarment. Only small “cut outs” in back of dress will be allowed at promotion ceremony. (if unsure, please see an administrator for approval about a specific outfit/dress)
- Please ensure your child can walk easily and comfortably in their shoes
- All attire must be free of rips and/or tears
Accelerated Reader Celebration
Our annual Accelerated Reader Celebration, a CRPTO funded program, is scheduled for Thursday, May 17th in the CRS Library. Due to the overwhelming number of successful readers at Copper Ridge School, we will be having two AR Celebrations this year. Please see the list below and congratulations!
- Kinder-5th 1:00 - 1:45pm
- Middle School 2:00 - 2:45
Track Uniform Return
Don’t forget to avoid registration issues or penalties, please return your track uniform by this Friday, May 11th to Mr. Chin.
2017-18 NJHS San Francisco Field Trip
The 2017-18 Copper Ridge School Chapter of the National Junior Honor Society took their annual field trip to San Francisco May 3-6th. What a wonderful trip it was for all. The group toured Stanford, Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, Alcatraz, Full House, the Exploratorium, Berkeley, Alamo Square and the Painted Ladies, Lombard Street, Goggle Community Space for an International Bazaar, Union Square, a cable care ride, CA Academy of Sciences and a walk across The Golden Gate Bridge.
A BIG THANK YOU to Mrs. Boepple for organizing and chaperoning the trip along with Mrs. Buongiorno, Mr. Apana and Mr. Valarius. A wonderful memory and experience for the NJHS members. If you have a 7th Grade student then 2018-19 NJHS applications were sent week of April 23rd and are DUE FRIDAY, MAY 18th.
Look forward to seeing you at the 8th Grade Promotion activities!
8th Grade Chair