March 12, 2020
Dear Trinity Catholic Families:
I just received information from the Stamford Public Schools that a decision has been made to close schools in Stamford starting tomorrow, Friday, March 13th, until further notice.
Therefore, I am writing to you this morning to inform you that Trinity Catholic High School will follow this decision and be closed starting tomorrow through March 27, 2020.
During this period of time all TCHS school activities and events - even on the weekends - are cancelled.
It is our goal to provide continued instruction during this time out of school. Thus,
while we are not in school, learning we will continue digitally. Please see below for IMPORTANT digital day expectations:
- Assignments will be posted by 9:00 a.m. to the PlusPortal for each class period.
- Students are to log into PlusPortals after 9:00 a.m. and complete the assignments posted for their classes.
- Students have until 10:00 p.m. each day to submit their work (but it is best they adhere to a daily work schedule and submit as they complete).
- Each student is responsible for completion of their assignments. Any student who does not complete and submit their work risks failure just as they would in the regular classroom.
- All assignments given on a digital school day will be counted as part of their grade.
- Teachers will be available to students via email and students are encouraged to reach out to them with any questions or concerns.
I understand the level of anxiety and stress this has put on all of you and our students. Please know that we are committed to doing whatever it takes to help them through these most difficult times. The best way to reach me during these next two weeks is by e-mail, and I will be providing you with updates for any changes beyond March 27th.
I want to thank all of you for your support to TCHS and to our entire community. May God continue to bless each of you and your families!
Scott E. Smith