March 19, 2020
Dear CMG Providers,
Essential updates for today:
- Thanks for everyone who joined our call today. We will continue to have those weekly for the time being.
- We have been working hard all week on lobbying for broader payment for telemedcine services including telephone calls. I am pleased to announce that Governor Lamont issued an executive order implementing most of what we had recommended. We are also hearing from payers that they are already planning on implementing many of these policies. You can see the Governor's order here. The main point is the order mandates coverage for telephone only consults in the same manner as audiovisual telemedicine, along with relaxing certification, place of service and HIPAA requirements. A special thanks goes out to Representative Sean Scanlon of Guilford who was instrumental in accomplishing this, as well as Governor Lamont and his staff. This change allows us to maintain crucial access to our patients and provides us with an additional revenue source to help us maintain essential services.
- As I announced on today's call, CMG is accelerating the timetable of its shared savings payments for eligible providers. We normally distribute the payments in June, but we are going to disseminate a partial payment in the very near future. I will shortly have final details and schedule of the payments, along with the logistics, but the first payment will be sent as soon as we possibly can.
- Please join us on Monday, March 23rd at Noon for an informational conference call on COVID-19 and its impact on employers. Our HR partner will host this call at The Human Resource Consulting Group (HRCG) at no cost to CMG members. An invite will be coming tomorrow.
- Click here for recent COVID-19 related HR updates on payroll requirements, paid sick leave, FMLA expansion, and payroll tax credits prepared by HRCG.
- Attached is an updated excel sheet with telemedicine billing codes and coverage guideline. Please follow these updates closely, we will attach the revised information as we receive it. We will continue to provide more information about coding and documentation details in the days to come. As noted above this situation is changing rapidly. Please begin to see patients for audiovisual and telephonic visits, document your visit, including patient consent, thoroughly and in the same manner you would a detailed office note. At this point do not begin dropping claims until we determine the optimal approach:
- To view Telemedicine E&M Fact Sheets, click here.
- To view telehealth codes information, click here.
- We have expanded our web page and have all of our COVID related updates available for review. We will be updating further over the next few days. Click here for our website.
Please forward me any useful information you have, any corrections or updates to the above.
Be safe. Be well. God bless.
Joseph L. Quaranta, MD
Joseph L. Quaranta, MD
President, Community Medical Group