March 23, 2020
Dear CMG Providers,
Essential updates for today:
- Thank you for joining us on our HR Conference call today with Human Resources Consulting Group (HRCG). We understand the value in presentations such as these during such uncertain times. We will be publishing a summary of the meeting shortly.
- We will be hosting another webinar with HRCG on CT's Shared Work Program, please look out for invite soon.
- To view a list of COVID-19 testing sites across the state, please click here.
- As the expected drop in office volume develops, many of our offices have developed telemedicine capabilities. Included are many of our specialists who stand ready to continue managing our patients. To view a preliminary list of specialists accepting telemedicine, please click here. Remember to continue to utilize your specialists for consultation. It is critical that we optimally manage our non-COVID patients to minimize strain on our delivery system and to avoid increases in morbidity from non-COVID issues, which may arise due to disruption in care. We will continue to provide a revised list with any updates. If you are not on the list and have telemedicine access please email Genesis Aquino.
- CMS has extended the deadline for data submission for clinicians, providers, hospitals, and facilities participating in Quality Reporting programs, find more information here.
- Telehealth Licensing Emergency Orders – CT, NY, MA & RI. With the declaration by the President of a national emergency, the Secretary of Health and Human Services issued a waiver for “requirements that physicians or other health care professionals hold licenses in the state in which they provide services if they have an equivalent license from another state.” You can access the full notice here.
- CMS has not issued guidance on how this will be implemented.
- In addition to Connecticut, NY, MA, and RI have issued emergency orders temporarily waiving licensure requirements or renewal guidelines to allow healthcare providers to treat patients in other states via telehealth. For more information on these waivers, please click here.
- We have created a Facebook page to update our community in real time. Please click here to like and follow for future updates and information.
- Our website continues to host all COVID-19 newsletter updates, please click here to access. We are making adjustments to this page to organize all documents mentioned in the updates easily accessible.
Please forward me any useful information you have, any corrections or updates to the above.
Be well. Be safe. God Bless.
Joseph L. Quaranta, MD
Joseph L. Quaranta, MD
President, Community Medical Group