MESSAGE FROM ELC:
On a call with Shan Goff, the Executive Director of the Office of Early Learning and Dr. Eric Hall, the Chancellor for Innovation at the Department of Education, they announced major provisions and guidance to assist School Readiness and VPK programs and families during this critical time. While they did not provide any other details than what is listed below, we wanted to make sure you were aware of this new information. We are awaiting additional details and will share them with you as they are provided to us.
· Programs can decide whether to stay open or close, either way they
WILL BE REIMBURSED
· All SR and VPK providers who decide to remain open should adhere with CDC recommendation to keep classroom size down to 10 or less children
· OEL will stress following strict guidelines on cleanliness and sanitation protocols for programs who stay open
· OEL is working on provisions to loosen the rules surrounding eligibility, redetermination (and documentation), parent fees, parent balances, etc.
· There is a plan to suspend School Readiness and VPK Assessments
The bottom line from what we heard was that Governor DeSantis did not want providers to worry about being paid or parents concerned about losing their eligibility.
Please continue to look out for additional important information from the ELC regarding the above items. ELC Broward will continue to do whatever we can to support our early learning providers during this time.
INFORMATION SHARED ON ELCBROWARD.ORG
COVID-19 Provider Updates:
We want to ensure you, your staff and the families you serve are properly informed. Therefore, we've established a web page on our website (
, dedicated to providing information regarding COVID-19.
Please check this page at least daily, as we post information as soon as we receive it. We also encourage you to follow us on
for timely updates as well.
ELC of Broward