~ EXCURSION: Cozumel, Mexico ~
Cozumel: Saturday, March 5, 2016 - Private Zen Cruise Excursion
This is a unique and private opportunity created for our Zen Cruise group exclusively and is not available through cruise lines
ZEN CRUISE SACRED EXCURSION IN COZUMEL
(two options: one with Temazcal and one without)
Includes: Opening Mayan Cacao Ceremony, Temazcal (Mayan Steam Lodge), Cenote (Natural Swimming Hole), Interactive Mayan Healing Music, Jungle Hike to Mayan Ruins, *Zentangle Mandala Art Class, Traditional Mayan Vegetarian/Vegan Lunch, Local Artisan Market, Humanitarian Outreach Visit, Closing Mayan Shamanic Ceremony.
: Cozumel, Mexico
: Saturday, March 5, 2016
Group will meet on board in the Conference Area: Deck 2 no later than 7.15am. Return at 5.30pm
: 7.45 AM
$145 with Temazcal / $110 without Temazcal (All Inclusive)
(*Please note we only have 90 spaces for the Temazcal experience.
Participants who do not choose the Temazcal will have a Zentangle Mandala art class)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Must book by Friday, February 26, 2016
· Booking: is required. Participant must book and pay by the DEADLINE on Feb 26th. We have limited space and cannot guarantee a spot after Feb 26th. Please tell everyone in your party.
· Breakfast/food: Please make sure to eat a good breakfast before you leave the ship and/or pack a snack to bring. DRINK: Please bring a water bottle filled before you leave the ship. At the location, we will have snacks available and lunch will be provided.
· Meeting point: 7:15AM SHARP we meet in the conference center after you get breakfast. Please DO NOT be late. We have a 10-15 minute walk to our meeting point for transportation and must leave as a group.
· Transportation: This is included in the price and the ride will only be about 15-20 minutes to the sacred site.
· Site: The site is in the jungle. There are several locations set up for us to break up into small groups for the experiences. Each experience will be anywhere from 45-60mins. *For our opening Cacao Ceremony, Lunch and Closing Ceremony we will all be together as one.
· What to bring: Backpack large enough to hold your items and anything you purchase in the artisan market. Walking shoes/sneakers, towel, bathing suit, light cover for Temazcal, non-toxic bug repellent, filled water bottle, camera, us money (for artisan market), required medication, and anything else you need to have a comfortable day out. For Temazcal: avoid use of make up, sun screen or products that block the sweating. Alcohol beverages and/or heavy meals before the temazcal are not recommended.
· Donation Item: Humanitarian outreach (details about The Chrysalis Group below).
About each experience:
· Tamazcal/Mayan Steam Lodge: The word "Temazcal" is derived from the ancient Aztec dialect Nahuatl, for "House of Steam", Temaz, meaning steam and Calli, meaning house. The temazcal was used widely among the Aztecs and Maya that populated Mesoamérica. For centuries it was a therapeutic instrument, an arm of the medical practice.
The temazcal comes to modern times as a relaxing and cleansing therapy for the nervous system and a reactivation of the skin cells. The elimination of fat and stimulation of the blood vessels is activated in the bath, also bringing beneficial effects to the digestive and respiratory systems.
You will be led through the various phases of the process: the recognition of North, East, South and West and their significance to the Mayas. Then into the temazcal for the four phases of cleansing and the five points of visualization.
· Cacao Ceremony: A cacao ceremony is an opportunity to connect to yourself and open your heart. Because of cacao's ability to increase your connection to your inner self and your heart chakra, it aids in any transformational shift you are working towards, whether you are looking to deepen your understanding of who you are, release old patterns and traumas, or move into a more self-confident space. Whatever your path, the intention is yours to set, and the cacao allows you to the insight and awareness to move towards that goal.
· Cenotes: Cenotes are natural swimming holes formed by the collapse of porous limestone bedrock, which has revealed a secret subterranean world of groundwater pools. Open-air cenotes have clear water, and often are home to vitamin- and mineral-rich algae that nourish and protect your skin.
The Mayans revered cenotes because they were a water source in dry times; the name cenote means 'sacred well'. Mayans settled villages around these spiritual wells and believed that they were a portal to speak with the gods. Today you can still see why cenotes held the Mayans in awe. Swimming in the pristine waters feels like stepping into prehistory, where giant tropical trees and vines form wild cathedral walls leading up to shafts of sunlight.
· Silent Hike & Ruins Tour: Be guided through the jungle on a meditative journey back in time as we learn about the Mayan culture and experience Sacred Mayan tree (ceiba), Mayan tomb & ruins and Mayan legends.
· Live Pre-Hispanic Interactive Healing Music:
This 45 min session with pre-hispanic instruments, incudes sacred drumming and chanting. You will experience a bath of sounds that will bring you back to your natural biorhythm, and add your own rhythm with sonajas and castanets.
· Zentangle Art Class: With an open heart, The Zentangle Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. Learn create beautiful images as it increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well-being. Zentangle Method is an elegant metaphor for deliberate artistry in life.
· Traditional Mayan Vegetarian/Vegan Lunch: Professional Restaurant and catering company will offer buffet style lunch including: Veggie traditional under ground cooking with wood, White rice, Black beans, Tortilla, Couscous table style, Mix salad with panela cheese and nuts classic vinaigrette, Spaghetti with tomato and epazote, Assorted Mexican cheese bar, grapes and strawberries, water, ice tea & lemon water.
· Complementary Snack bar station: Includes jicama, carrots, pretzels, peanuts and fresh fruit. Water and iced tea.
Here are the instructions to pay for the excursion online:
If this is your first time logging in, or if you cannot remember your user name/password, please click on Forgot Username/Password link
to reset your password and username.
Click on View Your Account.
Click on View/Modify button under your reservation number.
Click on Add More Options. This will take you to the Workshop/Excursion Registration page, and you can book and pay for your Cozumel excursion here. READ the directions on the top of this page and follow them to ensure you book with ease.
If you have any trouble accessing your account or adding options, please email email@example.com for assistance.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Must book by February 26, 2016
The Chrysalis Group/Humanitarian Outreach:
a non-profit organization dedicated to providing financial scholastic support for the island's students. This supports Mexican public school students, who must provide their own uniforms, school shoes and school supplies.
SUGGESTED DONATION ITEMS -
We humbly invite each of you to bring one or more items with you to contribute to our donation to the schoolchildren:
Backpacks (new or very close to new please),
Individual pencil sharpeners (the kind you hold with your hand, not with two fingers),
Rulers, Geometry sets (compass, protractor and triangles),
Liquid White Out (individual bottles),
Spiral notebooks with 90-100 lined pages (specifically requested).
~ Class Schedules: Sign Ups ~
Please keep in mind that classes have limited space availability and will be first come, first serve.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY & FOLLOW THE DIRECTION to ensure you book classes/events with ease
You should have received an email invitation from
, informing you that you've been added to the Directory for Zen Cruise 2016. Check your promotions or spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive an email, please contact
Here's what you will be able to do in SCHED system:
- Create a custom schedule of ALL the Zen events and classes you're attending.
- Access your schedule anywhere with web, mobile and print options to have handy on the ship.
- Make your profile so other attendees can meet you before we set sail.
- Simply click the Tab in the email labeled "Set your password and get started".
- When you open the SCHED software, on the right side of top bar there is a profile image for you to access your settings, the schedule selections and changes, print out, email, or download on your smartphone and more.
Now you can save it. Remember to PRINT IT OUT before we set sail.
Please take note of the following:
~ Zen Gala: Official Launch Party for The Zen Cruise on Tuesday, March 1, 2016 ~
Several of our incredible performers will come together for the first time in Fort Lauderdale to create a magical, synergized evening that will leave us all in a state of bliss and celebration.
The Zen Gala is an invitation for EVERYONE in the south Florida community to join us in the high vibration of our collective vision and experience...a TASTE OF ZEN!
Experience an unforgettable evening with some of The Zen Cruise 2016 headliners, including internationally known musical artists: Trevor Hall, Paloma Devi, Dixon's Violin, Beautiful Chorus, Jeff Deen & Soulflower. PLUS electronic music by national sensation DJ Taz Rashid, ceremony with Kahill Head, performance art, vendors, healers, visual arts and our beautiful conscious community as we activate our intentions and get ready to set sail on The Zen Cruise 2016!
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016 -
The Culture Room
7pm - 1am
3045 N Federal Hwy
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306
Delicious vegan food will be available for purchase
ATTIRE: Casual Nice or Fun & Funky, something you can also dance in!
TICKETS HERE --> http://thezencruise.com/zen-gala/
Cost $30 (+ service charge) Pre-sale. $40 at the door
*Free for Zen Cruisers
*The Zen Gala is *FREE* FOR ALL ZEN CRUISE 2016 PARTICIPANTS! (The Zen Gala is included with the price of your cruise). Your name will be on a list at the door.
**Zen cruisers free ticket is non-transferable / ID will be checked
~ The Zen Beach Party, Wednesday, March 2, 2016 ~
Join us for our pre-sail Zen Cruise beach party mixer in the sand at Fort Lauderdale Beach Park.
Our Zen Tribe is growing each year! Our mixer beach party is a great opportunity for our Zen tribe to reconnect and meet newbies before we set sail.
This part of Fort Lauderdale Beach is close to our dedicated hotel, Holiday Inn Express, and Port Everglades on 17th Street.
This park includes a parking lot, picnic tables, bathrooms, playground, basketball court, volleyball court, fitness course, near by restaurants and a beautiful ocean.
Fort Lauderdale Beach Park, on south side of parking lot and near Ocean B Resort.
1100 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
~ EVENING Attire ~
Besides normal comfortable clothes, yoga/fitness wear, bathing suits and some layers in case of cool weather and in Studio B, we will have theme evenings each night!
Thursday, March 3: WHITE This will be a night of ALL WHITE for the beautiful opening ceremony and Dance of Liberation, which begins at 9pm in Studio B. We will experience a powerful trance dance led by Parashakti as we begin our journey together...
Friday, March 4: FORMAL/Fun & Funky You are invited to dress up in fun, creative and/or formal attire for dinner and concert with Beautiful Chorus and Soulflower and late night with DJ Taz. Have fun with this and unleash your imagination or simply dress up in your most beautiful wear.
Saturday, March 5: Sacred, Spiritual, Ceremonial
Wear your spiritual or ceremonial attire, bindis, beads, or whatever special items feel meaningful, as we continue our sacred journey into the music.
Sunday, March 6:
Wear your favorite vintage clothes pre 1970s for our cocktail party and closing night with Trevor Hall!
~ What to Bring ~
Besides this, please bring:
- Bring your yoga mat and any props you like to use (we will not be providing yoga mats, so please make sure to bring your own)
- Cash for spending at Ports. It is recommended that you use cash rather than credit cards at ports if you want to purchase any food and goodies.
- Water Bottle
- Donation item or items for Cozumel
- Drums and/or other instruments
- Vitamins & Supplements
- Backpacks and specific things for excursion
~ What to Know Before you Board ~
Here is a link to Royal Caribbean's detailed page with all kinds of great info to get you ready:
~ Getting Around the Ship Tips ~
- Forward (front of ship):
- Alt (back of ship):
~ Food on Royal Caribbean ~
We have a special additional menu for our group that includes vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options for dinner. All meals on Royal Caribbean have vegetarian options, salad bar on the buffets and more. Sorrento's Pizza has vegan and gluten free options.
The Zen Cruise 2016 is offering complementary coconut water available exclusively for our group complements of Zico, SUJA organic pressed juices and delicious teas.
Main Dining Room has complimentary, multi-course dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We will be dining together with our group for dinners at
6pm - 7:30pm in the Romeo and Juliet Dining Room
More complimentary options including Windjammer Café, Jade Sushi and Asian-fusion cuisine, Sorrento's Pizza, Café Promenade for coffee and pastries/snacks, and room service
~ Directions to Port Everglades AND ZEN Check-in Information ~
Directions to the Fort Lauderdale Port and Parking Info:
- Security check in
- We recommend carpooling to save on parking costs and gas.
*We will have a Zen Cruise table set up on the SECOND FLOOR after you enter the port and pass through security at Royal Caribbean check-in. It is important that you check-in with us, as well as Royal Caribbean, to receive your programs, wristbands and other information that are specific to The Zen Cruise. Please look for our Zen Cruise banner on the second floor!
~ More info ~
Looking for a good yoga class if you are in town early?
The Yoga Joint studio is right outside the gate to the port.
Looking for a healthy dinner?
Check out Market 17
just downstairs from The Yoga Joint studio! Green Bar is also a good option just two blocks from the port on 17th Street.
. Or, for a quick bite in the same shopping center, Pei Wei is a good choice for Asian food and Chipotle has lots of Mexican food options.
Wifi on the Ship:
For information on
wifi/phone options on ship and FAQ See: Cruise Questions, Cruise FAQ - Royal Caribbean International
~ The Zen Cruise Links: Stay Connected and Updated! ~
We will be going over all of this information and more at the
Zen Orientation at 2pm-3pm in The Alhambra Theatre on Thursday, March 3, 2016.
We'll see you at The Zen Gala Launch Party on Tuesday, March 1 and then onboard The Zen Cruise 2016.
Get ready for an amazing journey!