|The FCC announced the tentative agenda for its monthly Open Meeting, which is scheduled for Thursday, March 22:
- Wireless Infrastructure Streamlining Order - The FCC will consider a Second Report and Order that would clarify and modify the procedures for NHPA and NEPA review of wireless infrastructure deployments. (WT Docket No. 17-79)
- Reassigned Numbers Database - The Commission will consider a Second FNPRM to address the problem of unwanted calls to reassigned numbers.
- Location-Based Routing for 911 Calls - The Commission will consider an NoI examining location-based routing of wireless 911 calls to ensure that calls are routed to the proper 911 call center.
- 4.9 GHz Band - The Commission will consider a Sixth FNPRM to stimulate use of and investment in the 4.9 GHz band.
- Streamlining Television Satellite Station Reauthorization - The Commission will consider an NPRM that proposes to streamline the reauthorization process for television satellite stations that are assigned or transferred in combination with a previously approved parent station.
- Consumer Signal Boosters - The Commission will consider a Second Report and Order that would remove the personal use restriction for provider-specific consumer signal boosters and a Second FNPRM that seeks comment on ways to further expand access to consumer signal boosters.
The Open Meeting is scheduled to start at 9:30 a.m. ET at FCC headquarters in Washington, D.C. The meeting will be streamed live at www.fcc.gov/live and can be followed on social media with #OpenMtgFCC.