Tuesday, Apr 23
COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION
CANCELLED: The matters under consideration are being resolved through the CFTC’s seriatim (taking one subject after another in regular order; point by point) process.
Open meeting to consider:
- Proposed rule regarding amendments to CFTC regulations on certain swap data repository and swap data reporting requirements
- Proposed rule regarding amendments to derivatives clearing organization general provisions and core principles
- Comparability determination for the U.K.: certain requirements applicable to swap dealers and major swap participants under U.K. law following a no-deal Brexit
- Final rule amending CFTC regulations to conform to FAST Act provisions on privacy of consumer financial information
- Certification of the NIFTY 50 index futures contract listed on the NSE IFSC Limited to be offered and sold to persons located in the U.S.
Tuesday, Apr 23
pen meeting to discuss a proposal to simplify and increase the transparency of the board’s rules for determining control of a banking organization.
Tuesday, Apr 23 -
Thursday, Apr 25
MUNICIPAL SECURITIES RULEMAKING BOARD
The MSRB board of directors will meet. View their meeting discussion items
Wednesday, Apr 24
FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION
The FDIC and Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiative host the "Fintech and the Future of Banking" conference. FDIC Chair Jelena McWilliams and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin will discuss the role of financial technology and innovation in banking, followed by a series of discussions on regulatory innovation; data and technology in lending; the competitive landscape of 2019 and beyond; fintech funding; and financial advice and consumer decision-making.