Dear Colleagues: We're delighted to announce the SUMMER INSTITUTE ON DIGITAL LITERACY at the University of Rhode Island.
This special program is a hands-on, minds-on intensive learning experience. It's not a conference-- it's a deep-dive, collaborative learning experience that will enable you to use digital texts, tools and technologies for advancing students' literacy, communication skills, critical thinking, and creativity. You'll learn innovative approaches now being used by K-12 and college educators, technology specialists and librarians, both in and out of the classroom.
- Doug Rushkoff of Codacademy.com and author of
Present Shock and Program or Be Programmed
- Renee Hobbs, University of Rhode Island
- Julie Coiro, University of Rhode Island
- Rhys Daunic, The Media Spot, Brooklyn, NY
- Michele Schira-Hagerman, Michigan State
- Hiller Spires, North Carolina State
- Jonathan Friesem, University of Rhode Island
- Mary Moen, University of Rhode Island
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SUMMER INSTITUTE ON DIGITAL LITERACY: Innovative Teaching and Learning with Digital Media Texts, Tools & Technologies.Detailed Program
DATE: July 14 - 19, 2013
LOCATION: University of Rhode Island's Providence Campus, 80 Washington Street
This summer, you can experience a legendary Rhode Island vacation. Come for a professional development experience of a lifetime, but take extra time to enjoy Providence restaurants, visit historic Brown University, see the Newport mansions, and swim at our world-class beaches.
Professor and Founding Director
Harrington School of Communication and Media
University of Rhode Island
Founder, Media Education Lab