PwC examined the changes executives are making as they redesign work with a more employee-focused approach.
This article is based on two pulse studies conducted on Aug. 19, 2021: a survey of 752 business executives and a survey of 1,007 full-time and part-time employees.
Key findings include:
- 36% of executives say the loss of corporate culture is the biggest challenge to hybrid work.
- 33% of executives plan on implementing a mixed work model, with some employees in-person full time, some hybrid, and some fully remote.
- 19% of all employees would like to be fully remote today, even if COVID-19 were no longer a concern.
- 22% of employees say they would like to be mostly in the office.
- 21% say the nature of their work does not allow them to work remotely at all.
- The remaining respondents (37%) prefer a hybrid work setup, with some days in the office and others remote.