Parent Education Coordinator - Boise Office
Idaho Parents Unlimited, Inc., an organization that provides training, resources, support, and one to one assistance for parents of children with disabilities and special health care needs, as well as accessible and inclusive arts programming, is seeking a Parent Education Coordinator in the Boise office.
: Strong knowledge of and experience with Idaho Special Education and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
- Must be comfortable with making presentations and public speaking.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and a knowledge of social media.
- Knowledge of health care/medical/insurance/Medicaid policies for children with special health care needs.
- Must have an understanding of family-centered care, family-engagement, and the importance of parent and professional collaboration.
- Must be highly resourceful.
- Must be professional and have an understanding of privacy laws and ethical guidelines.
Additional helpful skills
: Knowledge of community resources.
- Bilingual a plus
- Must be a resident in the State of Idaho
- This position will be working from our Boise office
While the general position hours are set between 9-5 on weekdays, due to training workshops, the position requires flexibility and will include evenings, weekends, and
extensive travel - both in-state and out-of-state
Approximately 30-40 hours per week/$13-14.00 per hour. DOE.
Please no phone calls.
Parents of children with disabilities strongly encouraged to apply