June 18, 2020
Dear Family Members and Friends,
As a follow-up to Governor Cuomo’s press conference announcement and my subsequent letter on June 16, 2020, Greystone Programs is preparing for in-person visitation with family members at Greystone IRAs, which may commence on Friday, June 19, 2020.
Safety protocols have been established with guidance from the CDC, NYS Department of Health, OPWDD interim visitation guidance:
Greystone’s Infection Control Committee will enforce these guidelines to ensure the health and well-being of all individuals in our care and Greystone staff.
Prior to your visit, please note the following guidelines:
- Visits must be scheduled and approved by a manager ahead of time.
- All visitors must enter through the designated entry door/disinfecting station.
- Health system screening must be documented prior to entry (Questionnaire & Temperature).
- Face masks are required for the duration of all visits.
- Visitation inside the facility will occur in a designated area.
- Visitation will take place outside and away from other individuals, when possible.
- A six-foot distance must be maintained from other individuals and staff.
- Visits will be no longer than 1 hour, between the hours of 9:00 am - 7:00 pm.
Your support in implementing Greystone’s strict safety standards is required for our continued success at combatting COVID-19 in Greystone’s residential settings. Now is not the time for us to become complacent in our efforts to protect your loved ones, their housemates and staff. Together we will celebrate much-needed reunions, while ensuring the safety of everyone involved.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at:
. Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to seeing you.