We hope this email finds you well as you wrap up your summer term. The Department of Homeland Security has released new temporary guidance for the upcoming fall 2020 semester beginning on August 24, 2020. If you haven’t enrolled in classes, we highly recommend that you do so now. Please see the below sections to help you understand how to maintain your immigration status. For additional questions,
please review our list of FAQs.
Hours of Operation and Processes
Our office is continuing to work remotely, while holding special hours for document drop-off/pick-up (below). Students will receive an email from their advisor notifying them of any documents.
- Mondays: 1:00-3:00 pm
- Thursdays: 9:00-11:00 am
For immigration issues
(visa, class enrollment, travel signatures, OPT/CPT)
or to schedule a
phone or zoom appointment
contact Cheryl Haegele or Amy Nusser at
For student programming issues
(orientation, graduation celebration, other student retention activities) contact
Gaby Renteria-Poepsel at
Class Enrollment Requirements
The Department of Homeland Security has issued updated Fall 2020 temporary guidance so non-immigrant students can continue to make normal progress in their program of study.
- Returning and Continuing Students within the United States can temporarily engage in courses that are all online or a combination of online and hybrid/face-to-face. Should the university decide to move all classes online later in the Fall 2020 semester, you may remain in the United States to complete your courses while maintaining your status.
- Continuing Students outside the United States can temporarily engage in all online classes in their home country while maintaining their F-1 status.
If you haven’t already submitted the
Fall 2020 survey
, please submit it as soon as possible
to let us know whether you plan to stay on campus or go home to complete your courses. This information will help us gather information to better support you during this situation.
If you have a job on campus and have questions about your work schedule, salary or other processes related to your job, contact your supervisor for more information.
If you are a GA or TA,
you will need to check with your academic department regarding any changes for Fall.
Health Services and Quarantine
- If you are currently visiting a location with confirmed cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we encourage you to be cautious and follow health recommendations to avoid getting sick. Visit the resource links below for recommendations if you start to have symptoms. Please see the attached FAQ document for quarantine requirements for students returning to the U.S. from abroad.
- You can call SIUE Health Service at 618-650-2842 for appointments or call the nearest hospital before going. COVID-19 testing is covered through your health insurance through SIUE. Details are available here: https://siue.myahpcare.com
We are mindful of the impact this may have on our international students within the SIUE
Community, and we encourage you to reach out to the resources on campus available to you
- Counseling services are available through Counseling Services. To schedule an initial assessment with their office, you can either book an appointment at CougarCare or call (618) 650-2842.
- SIUE Health Service is available to answer questions about health concerns and
- students who are feeling sick can call 618-650-2842 or email email@example.com for appointments.
For additional information on Coronavirus (COVID-19), please see the following resources:
Additional informational links for current students:
We encourage you to follo
SIUE’s University Announcement
or the latest updates. Do not hesitate to reach out for any questions or concerns you may have.