As summer draws to a close, and kids go back to school and vacations come to end, most of us enter September with a renewed energy and commitment to make the most of the remaining four months of the year.
As promised last month, here are some proactive, and not too expensive marketing ideas to help you grow your business now and into the future:
- Sponsor small client appreciation events - In addition to meeting with you to discuss their portfolios, clients also like to be thanked for their business. Hold a number of small (10-15 people) events geared toward things specific clients would be interested in - such as a wine tasting or cooking class. Encourage clients to bring along a friend (or two).
- Hold small client educational lunches - provide clients with general market and portfolio updates that are relevant to them. Have someone from your team join as well to help build upon those relationships.
- Sponsor a charity event - this is a great way to get you and your firm's name out there, while also benefiting a cause that is near and dear to your heart.
- Advertise in a local magazine - advertising in a local publication, such as Welcome Wagon, or the type of pieces that are often found in country clubs and waiting rooms, is an inexpensive way to reach an affluent segment of potential clients in your local market. These pieces also have relatively long shelf lives.
- Purchase a list of recent home buyers in your area - provide people new to the neighborhood with helpful information to start - such as recommendations of local restaurants or service providers - and then gently provide them details of your services.
These are just a few of the many things that you can do to build your firm in a cost effective manner. Contact us for more details on any of these ideas, or with help in designing your own personalized marketing plan.