Hope you all have had a good week being home. Here a few things to keep you busy for the next few days!
Have story time! Pick a book today that you and your child can act out. Select a book that you think would work well. Choose one with characters that have strong personalities and clear roles in the story.
You might want to choose a story
or even a nursery rhyme that the child already knows. Tell the child you'll be acting out
or poem. Below is a link for books that are good for acting out.
This week you put tubs with toys in the freezer.
Take your ice blocks out of the freezer:
- How do we get the toys free?
- Work with your child to figure out what will work best! Use a spray bottle, pour water on the ice. Use salt to melt the ice or a small wooden mallet to break it!
Get outside! Yesterday was the first day of spring!
- Before you leave the house, have your child decorate a paper bag for treasures!
- Go on a Nature walk- take advantage of local spots that are not often visited- Selleck's Woods, the DCA bird sanctuary, behind the tennis courts at Weed Beach.
Nature Scavenger Hunt:
● Look for 5 grey rocks: Put them in order of lightest to darkest
● Look for 10 sticks/twigs. Put them in height order. Sort them by width. Make shapes using the twigs you collected. Make letters using the twigs.
● Look for leaves on the ground: Sort them by size and/or shape
● Find an object in each color of the rainbow
● Look for shapes in nature: A square, a triangle, a circle, etc...
Make a Nature collage with objects found on your walk.
Find 5 signs of spring
What are 5 things you hear?
What are 5 things you smell?
Things to do in the house:
Set the Table!
How many forks do we need?
How many plates do we need?
And Parents- I haven't forgotten about you. We want you to stay healthy and active during this time. The Darien YMCA Members now have FREE access to 60-Days of On Demand Workouts thanks to a partnership with MOSSA MOVE! Click here to sign up.
Be safe and stay healthy! Have a great weekend. I will send anther email out on Monday!