It has been a stressful week for all of us! Below are some FUN things you can do with your children. I will send you ideas every few days until I see you all again! We miss you, stay well and enjoy your children!
Here are some ideas for your child to explore!
- Have story time! Read books to your child of their choosing. Our theme this month is Dinosaurs and Land Animals. Here are few books you can find on Amazon!
- Never Let A Dinosaur Scribble!
- How to Catch a Dinosaur
- Oh Say Can You Say Di-no-saur?: All About Dinosaurs (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
- Count the Dinosaurs!: A Fun Picture Puzzle Book for 2-5 Year Olds
- Llama Llama Red Pajama
- Little Blue Truck
- How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?
2. Sensory ideas:
- Find a big tub (roasting pan, lasagna pan, even the bathtub!)
- Fill with water and bubbles (dish soap, shampoo, etc)
- Give your child measuring cups, funnels, spoons, and other kitchen tools to explore.
- To expand this activity- Use your kitchen mixer to make your soapy water into foam!
3. Literacy Activity:
Write in shaving cream! Add some food coloring and glitter!
Scribbling and drawing are all early writing skills.
. Around the house:
- Sort the laundry! This is an activity for all ages
- Can you find your own laundry?
- Can you put all of mom's laundry in one pile?
- Can you find all of the socks?
- Can you sort the socks?
- Can you count the socks?
- Can you find laundry of a specific color?
- Can you put your laundry away?
5. Link of the day:
Storyline Online: Books read aloud by actors and actresses