It's time for Colorado and Wyoming's premier Irrigation, Landscape, Golf, Horticulture & Water Well Trade Show.
Join us this Thursday, March 8th at The Denver Mart (I-25 and 58th Avenue) 451 East 58th Avenue, Denver, CO 80216
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER ONLINE AND HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN A GO-PRO HERO AT SPRING FLING!
SEE VENDORS: Meet with over 60 vendors from the irrigation, landscape, golf, sports turf, horticulture, grow and water well industries and see what is new for 2018.
FREE SEMINARS: Attend business and technical seminars that are CE accredited from NALP and the Colorado and Wyoming pump and well organizations.
FREE LUNCH: Enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch served from 11:30am to 1:30pm
SUPER BUYS: One day specials on the products you need for upcoming jobs. Order during Spring Fling for best pricing! We will have exciting deals for the entire day.
GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY
PLAN THE DAY: exhibits 7AM to 3PM, seminars in morning and afternoon.
Click Here to Learn More about Spring Fling Register Here NOW
CPS hosted the 6th Annual Business Excellence Luncheon featuring two outstanding speakers.
Our first speaker was a landscape industry leader and consultant, Jeffrey Scott. Jeffrey discussed Seven Time Management Secrets of High Performers.
Our keynote speaker was former Denver Bronco, Steve Watson. Steve talked about being the Underdog and how to make an impression at OTA's. We thank both speakers for a great event.
We also thank our sponsors, Rain Bird and Lasco Fittings
Don't forget to set your clocks ahead this weekend!
It's a sure sign the busy season will soon be upon us.
Here are some helpful tips that can make startups faster, easier and more profitable.
1. Set Pricing in Advance. Many contractors charge a flat rate for the start-up and then price time and materials for repairs. However you chose to set your pricing, do it in advance to allow you to price start-ups for new customers that will be calling you in the days ahead.
2. Carry Backflow Parts. Broken backflows seem to happen, even with systems that are properly winterized. Be sure to have repair kits on your truck.
3. Call Ahead. Call clients 30 minutes before a technician is to arrive for fewer mis-connects when clients aren't home.
4. Have a "Come Back Later" Procedure. If your technician has a long list of service visits to complete in a single day, he won't have time to make advanced repairs that some sites need. Examples of advanced repairs include changing head layouts to accommodate new plantings or hardscapes, adding new heads, major repairs, etc. Have a procedure for getting those customers started and then following up later in the season to correct those issues.
5. Observation + Recommendation = Profits. Check the condition and age of every system component, paying attention to heads, nozzles and controllers/sensors. Suggest replacements when items are worn or at the end of their useful life. It often makes sense to switch all of the heads or nozzles in the landscape if many are functioning poorly, as it saves the customer from future service visits.
6. Route Efficiently. If you have a service visit scheduled in an area, have your office team call the owners of adjacent properties to alert them that your truck will be nearby. Grouping start-ups dramatically cuts down on time wasted in traffic.
7. The Right Specialty Tools Make a Difference. Irrigation service is a specialty, so arm your technicians with the right tools. From riser extractors to wire locators, there are critical tools and supplies that every service person should carry.
Now is the time to convert each of your customers' controllers to get them the full benefits of water savings through smart remote management.
Wi-Fi-based Pro-HC controller with Hydrawise
™ web-based software provides you with a great way to manage your customer's sites remotely.
online training course from Hunter Industries for contractors, you will learn the technical skills you need to
- for free!
Training includes videos and eLearning modules, and covers both
hardware and software. As part of the training, you will learn the basics of
setup, including how to configure
-compatible controllers and how to troubleshoot Wi-Fi.
You will also dive deeper into the convenient, built-in contractor features that make
the most complete Wi-Fi irrigation control system on the market today. The
contractor account includes a dedicated portal that will help you better manage your customers, saving you time and labor.
Click here to get started with the training program. (if you don't have an account, click "create a new account")
Selecting, training and retaining the
right people can dramatically increase your success.
In cooperation with ADS, we're offering you a series of resources that can help you win at the hiring game.
This special handbook provides practical and proven ideas you can use right away.
Kichler Tip: Giving Homeowners The Control They Want
What if your clients could turn their landscape lighting system on or off from anywhere in the world with their cellular phone or tablet?
With Kichler's latest control offering and the Vera app, they can.
How does it work?
It all starts with a Kichler Design Pro LED Controller and the VeraEdge or VeraPlus gateway unit. This gateway -- which looks and acts like a router -- creates a hub that links all of a home's "smart" devices together: including a Kichler Design Pro LED Controller. Using the Vera app installed on an iOS or Android device, the homeowner gives a command ("Turn on my landscape lights."), and the Vera gateway does the rest: sending a signal via Wi-Fi, Z-Wave, Zigbee, Insteon or Bluetooth to execute the command.
What landscape lighting functions can a homeowner control from the Vera app?
Just about anything: zoning, on/off functions, scheduling and more. All settings and programs are Cloud-based, so every command transfers from one iOS or Android device to another. Power outage? Daylight savings time? Vera adjusts for these automatically. Plus, there's no remote control to keep track of. Homeowners can even turn "traditional" lighting devices into "smart" ones: a Vera connected plug-in can control a traditional Landscape transformer (replacing the timer), holiday lighting, water features, and more.
What else can the Vera unit do?
Kichler has partnered with home control expert Vera Control Ltd. because of the unique product they offer. Vera gateways lets homeowners control not only their Kichler landscape lighting but other smart devices -- such as motion sensors and security cameras -- from their phone. There are no monthly fees or contracts for Vera users, just a one-time purchase cost for the unit. All a homeowner needs is the
Vera gateway of their choice
, an Internet connection and a smart device (phone, tablet, or PC) with the Vera app. Versatile add-ons like Amazon Alexa devices even offer voice command functionality.
We know you take pride in your work, and strive to use high quality materials. It's the simplest way to reduce liability risk, decrease call backs, and improve relationships. When it comes to quality in wire
for golf and two wire applications, the
is the leader. This UL 486D Listed waterproof wire
far surpasses similar items in the marketplace. Here's why:
- Waterproofing: The DBR/Y tube housing holds a whopping 74% more silicone than similar connectors-specifically, that's 14.75mL of fill versus a meager 8.5mL.
- Pullout Performance: During tedious testing, it was determined that the DBR/Y consistently performs 10% better in pullout testing than competing connectors.
- Connector Design: The Gorilla Nut inside each DBR/Y has a square cut spring to grip wires, and a cushioned exterior for comfortable grip.
- Made in the USA: DryConn connectors are carefully crafted at the King Innovation headquarters in O'Fallon, MO where quality processes + quality materials = superior products.