Hello BPI family,
Unfortunately the coronavirus seems to be sticking around for the foreseeable future. We wanted to let you know what to expect if Covid affects someone in the BPI family through exposure or confirmed infection.
When COVID strikes…
We cannot disclose names or details regarding the infected individual. We must maintain confidentiality for any protected health information.
What communication will I receive?
You will receive a letter alerting them that an individual has either been exposed to or tested positive for Covid in the service area.
What is happening behind the scenes?
Consultations with local health department for both:
- Contact tracing for exposed individuals
- Additional Deep clean and sanitization protocols
- Approval to remain open based on the above two items
What happens to the infected or exposed individual?
Infected or exposed individuals must be quarantined for a minimum of 14 days with a minimum of 3 consecutive asymptomatic days prior to returning.
What happens to my child or others who were potentially exposed?
You will be notified by either the local health dept of a supervisor at BPI if your child was in direct exposure.
- If exposure was communicated we require the same 14 day with 3 days asymptomatic quarantine period.
What are your safety protocols again?
Our commitment to safety remains strong. Below you will find a quick refresher of the protocols we have in place. To read the full guidelines click here: COVID-19
- Drop off and pick up at the vehicle outside of the clinic.
- Health interviews for learners and their family members prior to session.
- Temperatures-checks prior and during session.
- Hand washing prior, during and post session for both staff and learners.
- Surface disinfecting prior, during and post session.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) now required for all staff.
Feel free to contact me directly with any questions. I can make sure to get you to the right person in your region.