"In every crisis, doubt or confusion, take the higher path -
the path of compassion, courage, understanding and love."
Early this morning, our Executive Committee convened by phone to discuss what the next few months might look like for Impact 100. Our highest priority is to safeguard the well-being of our members and the community we serve to minimize the impact of the virus as much as we can.
It is difficult, but necessary, for us to put space between all of our stakeholders, including our members, nonprofit partners, and prospective members in the best interest of our community. Below is a synopsis of the actions the Board is currently taking. As things change, and they most certainly will change, we will do our best to keep you informed.
Knowing that all organizations have had to pivot and divert energy to managing this health crisis,
the grant application deadline is extended to Friday, March 20
at Noon. Nonprofits that already submitted a grant application will be given the choice to resubmit their applications in line with the new date. For more information, please contact our Grant Review Coordinator,
The CDC is recommending everyone use
to decrease the spread of the coronavirus. We are taking this recommendation seriously and the following events and deadlines are postponed or extended:
- DEI & YP mixer scheduled for March 19th is postponed. If you would like to know more about our Charlotte R. Schmidlapp Young Philanthropist Scholarship, please connect with Laura Menge or visit our website.
- The application deadline for the YP Scholarship is extended to May 31st.
- Focus Area Committee meetings are tentatively postponed to April 13th when we will virtually launch the Grant Application Review process. We have a strong team working on creating the structure, processes, and training to ensure this will be as smooth as possible. If you are on a Focus Area Committee, know your Committee Chair will be in contact as the process unfolds. (If you want to be on a committee, the great news is there is still time!! Sign up here.)
- This will obviously impact the CIRC review and Site Visit process. However, this health crisis is fluid and ever evolving, so we are unable to confirm what these shifts might look like at this time. Again, we will keep you updated as we move through this situation.
- Board of Directors meeting on March 18th will be held virtually. We will continue this practice until the CDC recommends it is safe to resume in-person meetings. If you would like more information on this shift, please connect with Sarah Grace Mohr.
The next couple of months will require all of us to be flexible and patient as we navigate this novel situation. It is in times of stress that we truly see what we and others are made of, and, I have to tell you, the Impact 100 leadership is made of bravery, wisdom, creativity, empathy, and vision. I have 100% confidence in our ability to move through this public health emergency together and come out on the other side stronger, more resilient, and maybe a little savvier.
Thank you for extending this hard-working team your grace and thank you for supporting the health and wellness of our community and membership.
Sarah Grace Mohr, President
& the Impact 100 Board of Directors