Yesterday, as everyone knows, Eagle County became the first to get relief to the stay-at-home order. A big 'thanks' goes to everyone that made this happen. We still have a lot of work to do as a community.
Earlier this week, I was asked to chair a task force for Eagle County to provide guidance on reopening real estate safely. They are currently reviewing our questions, and we have not been given any update on what the new order will look like yet. Once we get this, we will share it with everyone.
You are highly encouraged to continue to follow social distancing guidelines and to stay at home as much as possible. Whenever virtual tours are possible for clients or showings, it is recommended.
While the stay at home order aimed for 75-80 percent social distancing, the goal in the “safer at home” phase will be 60-65 percent social distancing. We are still not to the stage of “business as usual” for real estate in Colorado.
Five tips and best practices for working with your clients:
- Start by viewing houses virtually with 360-degree tours, virtual chats etc.
- Limit in-person showings and never go to a showing if you have any signs of illness.
- Follow social distancing best practices during showings: Only bring decision-makers, refrain from touching anything, keep six feet between people, sanitize your hands before and after entering a home, and drive in a car separate from your clients.
- Use electronic documents, CTMContracts, RON
- Use the COVID-19 addendum if you run into delays during the process.
The VBR office will
remain closed until May 31
, and the staff will continue to work remotely. We will provide our members with excellent service. The safety of our members and staff are our number one priority.
- Starting Monday, April 27th we will have an hour window on Mondays and Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. for members to pick up lockboxes and "Welcome Home Bags". Members will need to email email@example.com beforehand so we can have items ready for pickup outside the office, which will limit interaction.
- All previously scheduled classes will be moved to online webinars.
- All VBR meetings will continue to be run virtually.
- Outside room rentals are cancelled for May.
Next Wednesday, April 29th, we will host a Q & A forum for members to join. Send me your questions ahead of time regarding the Coronavirus. Laura Sellards, VBR Chair, and I will work on addressing them. We want to know if you have concerns regarding getting financial assistance, and anything else we can help you address. Understand that this is not to provide you with legal council and we are looking to provide you with resources.