Dear 8th grade students and families:
Graduation plans are in progress!
Over the past month several plans have been created while we review and update with State and Federal guidelines. Please mark your calendars and plan on the following:
- Wednesday, May 27: Graduation Photos & Brief Recording of student for a possible virtual graduation
- Wednesday, June 3: 8th Grade Graduation Parade at 5 p.m.
: We will host a photography session for graduation photos to be taken on Wednesday, May 27 from 3:30 pm to 8:00 pm. We intend to take outdoor photos in front of the school near the main entrance.
All graduates will have photos taken both with their dress clothes and with gown. Please bring your gown with you. If you don't already have a gown, we will have one here for you to borrow for pictures and graduation. Please select a time-slot on the attached
. Each student will have 10 minutes for photos. If someone is still having pictures taken when you arrive, please be respectful by waiting in or near your car to observe appropriate social distancing.
All students will need to be photographed so that a group photo can be created by the photographer.
After their photo, each student will be briefly recorded in the school entrance. Ms. Power will do an announcement of their name as if in the graduation and Mrs. Reeder will record them walking and smiling at the camera. This will be used for a virtual graduation if we are not able to come together for a graduation Mass in June.
A graduation parade will be held on
June 3 at 5 p.m.
to celebrate our 8th grade students on their graduation day. Here are the details:
- TIME: Arrive by 4:30 p.m. and drop your student off in the school car line sidewalk by their name. Then, go get back in the car line with your car. The parade will start promptly at 5 p.m.
- LINE UP FOR STUDENTS: Go only to your sidewalk square with your name. Do not take photos or visit with other graduates outside of your square. You are welcome to bring a chair to sit in. PLEASE STAY IN YOUR SQUARE! Feel free to bring a poster with your name as well.
- STUDENT ATTIRE: Students should be dressed in their graduation robe.
: We hope to have a graduation Mass in June and will be in touch within the next two weeks with dates and details. Please know, that the Mass will be limited to students and families, so we will live stream the Mass to grandparents and other relatives or friends. Watch for an update soon!
if you would like to order. You may pay with check or credit card the day of the photo-shoot, or order online at the link provided. If you order online-you will not need to bring a receipt. You will also have a couple days afterwards to place an order, too.
We look forward to honoring our graduates at these celebrations!
ST. MICHAEL CATHOLIC SCHOOL STAFF!