After both Vail Board of Realtors and Colorado Association of Realtors have been advocating for open house we have received an update that Open houses are now allowed with the Colorado eighth amended public health order. Please review the order and go to Appendix B & D. It states that real estate includes in-person real estate showings and marketing services, which
must adhere to Social Distancing Requirements
with cleaning and disinfection between each showing. Open houses
must follow the Indoor Event requirements in Section I.H.4
of this Order (page 6-7).
Below is the Safer at Home Order and the Public Health Order regarding face covering below in the links.
Real Estate Open Houses:
Open houses will be conducted with the written consent of the owner of the property.
All open house advertising and signage will communicate that attendees
have masks, gloves, adhere to social distancing guidelines and not enter a property if showing any signs of illness. In print advertising a short note could include this information.
Open houses will be limited to a maximum of 100 people at a time using
social distancing calculator
Osha ventilations standards
. Open houses will be deemed “no-touch” and the accompanying host broker shall escort all related parties through the property and will sanitize regularly.
Suggested if there is more than one group of attendees present at an open house, they will be directed to wait outside, in an area that allows enough room for the first party to leave while adhering to social distancing guidelines
Open House protocols:
- I will adhere to all local social distancing guidelines.
- I will wear a mask and gloves and provide masks and gloves for those attending my open house.
- I will maintain a detailed log of the homes I view, and the listing broker will log all attendees name and contact information.
- I will stay home if showing any symptoms or signs of sickness or had contact with a known positive case.
- I will ask all attendees if they are sick or have been sick before viewing the open house.
- I will travel separately to the open house
- I will sanitize high touch surfaces and make sure disinfecting happens between blocks of attendees.
They will be instructed to follow the Eagle County’s
5 Commitments of Containment:
- I will maintain 6 feet of social distance.
- I will wash my hands often.
- I will cover my face in public.
- I will stay home when I am sick.
- I will get tested immediately if I have symptoms.
The real estate community can use the
COVID-19 Advisory Form to have conversation with those looking at property. Communication is key when talking to buyers and sellers.
We will be updating the safe showing pledge information this afternoon that can be found
. We wanted to get this out as soon as possible so please check link later today and you can use the updated flyer to communicate with your buyer and sellers.