Due to a conflict which we could not control, the
July Coalition Power Breakfast is CANCELLED.
Please share this notice with friends and family who attend the monthly COAL Breakfasts.
We look forward to seeing you in August when we will collectively recognize August as
National Black Business Month
- Buy Black, Buy Black, Buy Black;
- Encourage and Support Black Entrepreneurship;
- Demand high-quality services and products from black-owned businesses; and then pay for said services and products as you would with other businesses;
- Use 'word of mouth' to actively market black businesses that have provided high-quality service / products;
- identify and support economic generators that create opportunities (the South Suburban Airport is a great example);
- Support legislation that supports small business growth;
- Elect and re-elect officials with a proven track record of expanding opportunities for black business;
- Demand that MBE policies at all levels are more than words on a document; demand results; demand transparency in reporting progress towards meeting MBE goals;
- Fight to knock down barriers and improve access to capital;
- Support financial institutions that support black businesses;
- Circulate and re-circulate your hard earned dollars within the community;
- Promote upward mobility for our professionals in all sectors;
- Challenge the status quo of limited access to Corporate Boards;
- Mentor a business;
- Provide Internships to our youth;
- Pass on the experiences you've gained so that others can mitigate the challenges of starting / sustaining their business;
- Black businesses: form alliances and purchase collectively to secure lower pricing on inventory and supplies;
- Black business owners: focus on expanding your knowledge of all areas of your business beyond your core service or product; technical, financial, marketing, strategic planning, relationship management, negotiations, customer service...;
- Black business owners: Practice Succession Planning.
- All: During the month of August and every month, Buy Black, Buy Black, Buy Black, whenever and wherever it works for you and yours.
Importantly and Respectfully,
COAL Board of Directors
The time to work seriously and collectively, to improve the state of our Community, is upon us..."
Let's Get to Work.