An argument was presented to us that the reason our county is reporting more cases is because there has been increased testing. While that may be true, it is equally concerning. The state and local authorities have indicated that the timing and decisions to reopen businesses have been guided by the data. If we are seeing more cases strictly because we're testing more, that means the data that was being used to guide reopening has been incomplete and inaccurate.
Bad data leads to bad decisions.
The fact remains that the virus is alive and flourishing in our community, and continues to pose a significant health risk. If we weren't open in March with low levels of cases, we shouldn't be open in June with high levels of cases. As a small business it is difficult to remain closed, but we not sacrifice the safety of our employees and members. We believe staying closed a little longer will put us on the right side of history.
What can we do to continue to support your fitness during our closure?
- We will be continuing our virtual class offerings with new content daily on both Instagram (@eqclubs) and our Mindbody Video Library (link also in IG bio).
- We are continuing to rent available equipment for home use.
- We are actively planning options to safely offer some pop-up outdoor classes so we can see you all in person (from greater than 6', of course).
- Virtual personal training sessions are available.
- Virtual nutrition consultations are available.
We are continuing to prepare the facility and our safety protocols daily. We are hopeful that the new governor-issued state mask mandate will be strongly observed in our community leading to a drop in new cases and putting us in a position to safely reopen soon.
Stay well, stay active, and wear your mask.
David & Brittany Pomfret