If you received unemployment benefits in 2022, you will receive a 1099-G from the Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency. You have until Monday, January 2nd, to request that an electronic version of your tax form is uploaded to your MiWAM account. If you do not request this, the UIA will mail your form to the mailing address on file at the end of January.
To request to that an electronic version of their 1099-G be posted to your Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) account:
Log into your MiWAM account at MiLogin.Michigan.gov.
- Under the Account Alerts tab, click on “Request a delivery preference for Form 1099-G.”
- If your Account Alerts tab doesn’t have a 1099-G link, click on the Claimant Services tab; then select “Delivery Preference for Form 1099-G.”
Statements will be available to view or download by the end of January 2023. Here's how to access it online:
- Go to the “I Want To” heading in MiWAM.
- Click on the “1099-G” link.
- Click on the 1099-G letter for the 2022 tax year.