Dear Friends and Neighbors,
I am delighted to announce that contactless pickup of materials at the library begins this Monday June 29, 2020.
WHAT IS CONTACTLESS PICKUP?
Library materials requested by cardholders in good standing will be checked out, bagged, and labeled for you to pick up at the Library’s front entrance without the need for an in-person transaction.
WHAT CAN BE CHECKED OUT FOR CONTACTLESS PICKUP?
Eligible materials are limited to items currently in stock and owned by the Upper Saddle River Library. Requests placed for items at other BCCLS libraries will remain pending until lend and send resumes. Museum passes, hotspot and kindle lending is not currently available for contactless pickup.
HOW DO I REQUEST MATERIALS?
HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN MY ITEMS ARE READY TO BE PICKED UP?
You will receive an email or phone call from the library depending on your selected notification method. Please do not come to the library for materials until you have received notification.
WHEN I CAN I PICK UP MY REQUESTS?
- Monday and Wednesday from 1 pm to 6 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am to 2 pm
- Friday from 11 am to 4 pm
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
HOW DO I PICK UP MY ITEMS?
- After you receive your notification you will have three days to come to the library during the designated pickup times to retrieve your order. If you need more time please call and let us know.
- All persons picking up materials must wear a proper face mask or covering that complies with CDC guidelines and covers the mouth and nose.
- Only one person is permitted in the pickup area at a time. Please observe posted social distancing guidelines until the area is clear for pick up.
- Once you have retrieved your bag, please exit the area and do not linger.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- For the safety of our staff and patrons, all returned material is quarantined for no less than 72 hours. All items awaiting check in will be fine free during that time.
- Library staff cannot take in person requests for materials or reference questions at the library door. Please contact the library using one of the methods listed above.
- Please utilize the new outdoor book return located next to the front door for all returns.
- Patrons will not be permitted to enter the library under any circumstances.
- The library CANNOT accept any donations at this time.
We ask for your patience as we get this new service up and running. We promise to do our best to get you the materials you want as efficiently and safely as possible. All decisions will be made with the safety of the staff and our residents as our overriding goal.
Welcome “back” to the library. I look forward to hearing from you soon.