Dear VCS Community,
We appreciate your support, trust, and prayers as we strive to provide quality Christian education during these challenging times. Fortunately, VCS has not had any reported cases of Coronavirus. However, as a result of the accelerated spread of the COVID-19 virus, we believe it is prudent to employ our online educational resources and suspend on-campus instruction beginning tomorrow until Thursday, April 9, just before the Easter break.
- All extra-curricular practices and competitions are canceled until further notice.
- Tomorrow, Friday, March 13, students and parents may briefly come onto campus to gather belongings and materials needed for at-home learning.
- On Friday, March 13, and Monday, March 16, all teachers will receive training for online education for Skyway students and at-home support for elementary students.
- On Tuesday, March 17, our junior high and high school teachers/administrators will conduct an online distance learning orientation for their students.
- Elementary at-home learning will begin on Tuesday, March 17, with teacher support.
- Junior high and high school online instruction will begin next Wednesday, March 18, and will continue until the beginning of Easter Break.
- Our principals and program leaders will provide more information that is pertinent to each of the schools and programs.
We will reassess and update our families as needed. In the event this pandemic subsides sooner than expected, we will bring students back to campus as soon as possible. We will communicate no later than Wednesday, April 15, whether we can resume on-campus attendance after the Easter break on April 20.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact your campus office should at-home learning cause severe hardship to your family. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this journey together.
A comforting promise, I often reflect upon during challenging circumstances is found in Psalm 46:1-2, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear …”