The Town of Richmond is doing everything we can to help our residents stay safe and access necessities. As always if you need immediate assistance we are here to help at 413-553-7793.
This message includes:
- A list of closures and information on upcoming meetings
- a message from the Board of Health
- Options for Emergency Food Assistance
Governor Baker, at his briefing held on March 15th, made additional limitations to address the COVID 19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. You can find the most recent limitations at
In an effort to stay within limitations set by Governor Baker on March 15th, and for the safety of residents and Town staff, we will be implementing the following:
- As of 3/17/2020 Town Hall and Town Buildings will be closed to the public. Staff will continue to work with normal hours and are still available to assist you by phone. There is a box outside the Town Hall door to leave any paperwork or payments.
- All non-essential boards and committee meetings are postponed.
- All essential governmental boards and committees will continue to hold their meetings but will do so as remotely as possible. The town is currently implementing a process with the use of Zoom to conduct meetings. More information will follow.
- All extracurricular groups such as book club or movie clubs are to be postponed.
- The Library will be closed until further notice. Patrons can return items to the outside box only and currently checked out items can be renewed by phone 413-553-7795 or online.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me at