August 3, 2020
Dear Charlotte Catholic Students, Parents, Faculty and Staff,
As announced last Friday, the start of this school year has been delayed until August 31. Please read this communication in its entirety for reminders, clarifications and other important information.
At this time, we still plan to begin our school year under Model A – Face to Face Instruction. We are also offering an option for those families who find that they cannot or prefer not to return to in-person instruction.
If you are interested in a Remote Learning option – one that you will commit to for the full semester - please complete the Google form which may be found on our website by clicking here: Remote Learning Commitment. The deadline for parents to submit the commitment form to opt into a full semester of remote learning is Friday, August 7th.
- If a parent/student makes this commitment it is for a full semester. There will be a two-week grace period from the first day of classes in which parent/student could change their mind if they wish to return to face-to-face, in-person instruction.
- This grace period will be from August 31 until September 11. After September 11, students must remain either remote or face-to face for the full semester, except for excused absences or when there is a need for approved, temporary remote learning due to illness, COVID-19 exposure or positive test.
- This grace period will also allow for a parent/student to switch from face to face to remote.
Please note the following important information regarding orientation and computer pick-up:
New Student Orientation for 10th, 11th and 12th grade students who are new to CCHS will be Tuesday, August 25th from 9-10:30 AM.
Computer pick-up for returning students who turned in MacBooks last spring will be Tuesday, August 25th from 1:00 – 2:00 PM.
- If you are new to CCHS and plan to learn remotely, please reach out to your counselor about making an appointment to pick up your school-issued computer.
Freshmen Orientation for all 9th grade students will be Wednesday, August 26th.
- Last names A-K will attend from 9:00 – 11:30 AM.
- Last names L-Z will attend from 12:30 – 3:00 PM.
- Parents do not attend orientation.
Remote Student Welcome and Orientation for new 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade students who are learning remotely will be Wednesday, August 26th at 3:30 PM. The link to join this virtual event will be emailed separately to all students who register via the Remote Learning Commitment form.
Remote Student Orientation for all students who are opting into the full semester of Remote Learning will be Wednesday, August 26th at 4:00 PM. The link to join this virtual event will be emailed separately. This is mandatory for all students learning remotely.
Course lists and book purchase information for all students will be released the week of August 10th.
Please mark your calendar for the next virtual Koffee with Kurt Q&A session on Tuesday, August 18. These sessions will be offered at 9:30 AM and 6:30 PM.
There will be a virtual session for seniors and senior parents Thursday, August 20 regarding the college application process including updated information regarding ACT and SAT testing. Two sessions will be offered at 9:30 AM or 6:00 PM. These sessions are mandatory for all senior students. They will be hosted by the CCHS Counseling Department.
Please read our Return to School plan carefully and in its entirety. This document includes a great deal of information, following guidelines provided by the Diocese of Charlotte’s Catholic Schools office and customized for CCHS. This plan, along with updates can be found on our school website under the “Return to School” tab.