Dear BearBuy Users,
We would like to inform you of a few updates and important events coming soon.
Please review the topics below and follow the links or scroll down for more information on each topic.
This month's BearBuy News:
- Curtailment Period: bluCard, Event Planner Card, and Travel Study Card Clearing Dates
- QIAGEN Catalog Coming Soon
- Fisher Custom Orders (Form based POs)
- Holiday Parties and Off Campus Events
- ImageNow Upgrade and BearBuy
- Supply Chain Management Website - New Look & Feel
- November Cart Notification Error
- 'Did you know?' Useful BearBuy Tip Reminder
If you have any questions, please contact the BearBuy Help Desk at
Thank you for your continued support,
Supply Chain Management
1. Curtailment Period: bluCard, Event Planner Card, and Travel Study Card Clearing Dates
As we take part in this year's energy curtailment period, please see the link below for the dates card transactions will be available to reconcile in the BFS staging table:
3. Fisher Custom Orders (Form Based POs)
When purchasing non-standard items from Thermo Fisher it is critical that the correct Supplier Profile is selected when setting up the order in BearBuy. All quotes should have the appropriate Life Fisher supplier name and address on them. Those quotes should be used to place the order for that item with that specific supplier profile. Please note, there are currently 4 active Fisher profiles.
- Fisher Scientific (0000001996)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (0000662386)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (Asheville) LLC (0000668852)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Chemicals Inc (0000008514)
4. Holiday Parties and Off Campus Events
With the holidays just around the corner, we want to remind everyone that some hotels and restaurants require the University to provide insurance certificates.
As you are planning any last minute events, please remember that any requests for contracts with insurance must be submitted on a cart in BearBuy at least 14 business days prior to the event date. This will ensure Risk Services is able to provide insurance and a Campus Buyer review the order prior to the event.
5. ImageNow Upgrade and BearBuy
The ImageNow team will be upgrading their system on Monday, December 19th. This upgrade will affect how BearBuy users see scanned invoice image attachments listed on BearBuy vouchers.
What's changing with the Upgrade?
- There is a new module, Perceptive Experience, that is only available from an integrated system: BFS, BearBuy, BCS, CalCentral, and Travel & Entertainment
- When you click on a view document link from an integrated system screen, the document(s) will no longer be returned in a WebNow browser window but will be returned in a Perceptive Experience browser window.
- Advantages of Perceptive Experience are that it does not need Java, can be used with any browser, and has a more modern look and feel.
- You can review documents as before when WebNow opened.
6. Supply Chain Management Website - New Look & Feel
In alignment with all campus units, our goal is to provide Suppliers and Campus Users with easier pathways to navigate to critical information. The new website is interactive and provides information through two paths, one for Suppliers and one for Campus Users.
Please note that some of the
"How to Purchase"
campus pages will require the Campus User to CalNet Authenticate in order to access those pages.
We plan to continually update our content with helpful information and updated policy, as well as release newsletters and departmental announcements as changes are made.
We hope that the new website meets your needs; we worked hard to make sure it contains relevant and up-to-date information to assist you with your campus procurement activities.
8. "Did you know?" Useful BearBuy Tip:
Is there a way to uncancel a Purchase Order?
Is there a way to cancel a PO line?
No, you cannot uncancel a Purchase Order or a PO Line. Although "Uncancel PO" is an available action in BearBuy, you are unable to uncancel a cancelled Purchase Order. If you select "Uncancel PO" in BearBuy, the change will not export to BFS
once you finalize the revision.
If your PO is cancelled and you need to pay the vendor for services or goods you should create a new PO.