To ensure the health and safety of the entire Feynman School community, we recommend that anyone with plans to travel either domestically or internationally over the next three weeks, reconsider traveling. If you decide to continue with your travel plans, you will be required to inform the School Administration. Also, immediately report any positive COVID 19 diagnoses.
to read the CDC "Before You Travel" tips.
to read the CDC "COVID-19 & Cruise Ship Travel" article.
to read the CDC "Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice"
The health and safety of our students and staff remain our top priority. Please continue to take preventive measures and look out for each other. We encourage you to follow the guidance of federal, state and local health officials:
- Avoid mass gatherings.
- Avoid non-essential travel.
- Stay away from others when you are sick, and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid crowded areas or places where you might interact with people who are sick.
- Keep distance between yourself and other people.
- Get information from fact-based resources, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Montgomery County Government website.
- Regular updates will be shared with the community over the coming days. Please visit the MCPS website frequently to stay up-to-date with the latest information regarding county school closures.
Until further notice, the schedule of instruction will be as follows:
- March 15th - Sunday events (Library Committee & PEP Program) cancelled but will be rescheduled
- March 16th - No classes; remote learning prep for teachers
- March 17th - No classes; remote learning prep for teachers
- March 18th–20th - Remote learning begins
- March 23rd-30th - Feynman School closed; spring break begins (students will not have school work assigned during Spring Break)
- March 31st - Classes resume
PLEASE NOTE: The Administration will work remotely next week, and we can be reached at (301) 770-4370. We will send regular updates to our community and post school closure information on the homepage of our website.
Faculty will be in touch with families directly to provide remote learning instruction.
Head of School