The Class of 2021 is certainly on their way! This fall has been a flurry of activity, and student, teachers, and counselors alike have been negotiating the college admissions process in new ways. Despite ever-changing circumstances, our senior class has been doing a tremendous job completing their applications with diligence and fidelity.
Earlier this week, I shared some impressive metrics with our faculty, and thought that you might also be interested in the progress of your students:
- As of November 1st, 684 transcripts (and 1985 total documents) have been to 224 different colleges and universities around the country and abroad.
- Trinity faculty have written 208 letters of recommendation!
- 84% of seniors have applied to at least one college.
- 43 colleges and universities have virtually visited with our students, with eight more visits scheduled for this week and next.
- Amongst the seniors, we have one QuestBridge College Match finalist, six Posse Scholarship semi-finalists, and three Chick Evans Scholarship nominees!
Students will continue to progress in the college application process over the next two months. Application deadlines span through January, and seniors are asked to plan ahead. Transcript Requests for applications with late December or early January deadlines must be submitted by December 7th to account for the Christmas holiday and winter break.
As you student is notified of college admission, please remind them to bring colleage acceptance and scholarship letters to me. I will make a copy of this documentation and the information will be used at the end of the year to celebrate the accomplishments of the Class of 2021.
As always, please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. It's a pleasure to assist our Blazers in reaching their goals!