January 31, 2020
Dear Country Day Families,
The health and safety of our students is of the utmost importance to Country Day. We have been carefully monitoring news about the
2019 Novel Coronavirus
outbreak. As you may know, there have been two confirmed cases in Southern California and the World Health Organization reported the first instance of person-to-person spread in the United States yesterday.
We understand that this may be concerning, but
according to the CDC
the immediate risk to the American public remains low
To help ensure the safety of our students, Country Day is taking the following steps:
- We ask anyone experiencing flu-like symptoms to stay home and contact a medical professional regarding their symptoms.
- We recommend the all members of our community follow CDC guidelines for preventing the spread of coronavirus, and other viruses including the flu, by ensuring frequent hand washing, using hand sanitizer, and avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- As an added precaution, our custodial team has been directed to perform additional cleaning paying special attention to disinfecting surfaces, door hardware, faucets, and other high touch surfaces. Additional hand sanitizer and sanitizing surface wipes are available to students and teachers.
- All members of our community (students, parents, faculty/staff, etc.) are advised not to travel to China or other affected areas, especially during upcoming school breaks. Any person returning from international travel to affected areas may be subject to screening for coronavirus and/or quarantine.
- If you have recently traveled to China or another affected area, have reason to believe you have been exposed to coronavirus, or are experiencing symptoms of infection, we ask that you do not visit campus for a minimum of 14 days or until cleared by a medical professional.
Additional information about coronavirus is availabl
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please feel free to contact your division head or me directly.