The Dublin Unified School District (DUSD) is committed to ensuring that all available resources are spent efficiently and effectively to provide the highest quality educational experience possible. To meet this objective, it is critical that we have a full and precise accounting of our student population as we review staffing and possible diversions of students away from neighborhood schools.
At the Board of Trustees meeting on June 12, 2018, the Educational Services staff presented a few changes in enrollment procedures for the upcoming school year, including bringing back residency verifications, summer enrollment, and changes to the affidavit process.
Residency Verification Process
DUSD is returning to an annual residency verification process that will require ALL families to provide documentation every year that they live in District boundaries. We are doing this because it allows us to:
Ensure all enrolled students live in the district
Reduce diversions by verifying all students live in their neighborhood school zones, unless on an approved intradistrict transfer
Address concerns raised by staff and parents regarding accurate addresses of students
Ensure further due diligence toward any "declaration of overcrowding"
By completing the following forms for each of your students, you will be making a formal declaration that your child lives within DUSD attendance boundaries.
Starting on Monday, July 16th, all families will need to go to our DUSD website and follow the steps to upload approved residency documentation, such as utility bills, tax documents, mortgage documents, etc. (a list of all approved documents can be found
) Residency verification must be completed prior to walk-thru registration in August.
The district website has electronic versions of the documents available as part of the residency verification process and these can be submitted online. Also, hard copies are available at the district office or
The easiest way to complete this process is to submit everything online, including the attachments of bills. Attachments can be either a PDF or a picture of the bill, attached through a computer or a phone. The entire bill will need to be submitted no matter what form of attachment you provide.
If you cannot attach the documents online, they can also be submitted via email at
. In the subject line, please put your students name.
Documents may also be dropped off to the office (there will be a basket on the front desk to drop info into. If doing this method, please print a copy of the residency verification form and attach to the copies of bills so we can easily identify your student.
**Please note: bills dropped off without the residency form attached will not be processed and your student may not be able to access schedule information at fall check in.
Parents will be notified within 48 hours of the status of their residency verification (approved or more information needed)
Steps to complete Residency Verification
- STEP 1: On or after July 16, go to the website: www.dublinusd.org: Registration > Online Registration.
- STEP 2: Choose Residency Verification
- STEP 3: Click the link at the top of the page to begin the residency verification process (please note: this is in addition to the annual data update that you will complete in your parent portal.
- STEP 4: Attach required documents to your completed form and click submit.
- Documents may also be dropped off to the office (there will be a basket on the front desk to drop info into. If doing this method, please print a copy of the residency verification form and attach to the copies of bills so we can easily identify your student.
- **Please note: bills dropped off without the residency form attached will not be processed and your student may not be able to access schedule information at fall check in
- STEP 5: Parents will be notified within 48 hours (weekends excluded) of the status of their residency verification (approval or more information needed).
From June 13th thru July 25th, parents can continue to enroll their student in DUSD. However, they will no longer need to wait until the school office opens to complete the process of enrollment. The district office has an appointment system whereby parents can register for a time slot and bring in required paperwork to complete their registration. This process will provide
On July 26th, enrollment (for students not requiring an affidavit) will revert back to the school sites as is the process during the school year.