New Trash Hauler for Salem Starts Next Week!
have heard the news by now-starting Monday, June 1st,
will be picking up our trash and recyclables.
The biggest changes for now are single stream recycling (more information follows) and who to call if there is a problem. There will be some other changes over time.
Here are the facts:
- Trash and Recycling pick up day remains the same (until further notice)
- Recycling is now SINGLE STREAM. This means all recyclables can go in the same bin. No sorting needed, and as before, only those items that can be recycled are allowed (paper, cardboard, bottles, cans, plastic containers numbers 1-7, no foam, no plastic bags) Click for Recycling guidelines
- For bulky items, call Waste Management at least 24 hours in advance to arrange for pick up, 1-800-972-4545
- To report a missed pick up, call Waste Management at sssssssssss 1-800-972-4545 or enter it at www.SeeClickFix.com/Salem_MA
- Waste Management has committed to placing empty barrels and containers neatly on the sidewalk. If this does not happen, call them. 1-800-972-4545