The Children’s Commission, in partnership with the Texas Center for the Judiciary (TCJ), will host the 14th Annual Child Welfare Judges Conference on October 25-27, 2021. This conference was previously scheduled as an in-person conference but will now be held virtually. Sessions will be accessible through TCJ's learning platform and streamed on Zoom.
This year, there will be a pre-conference event on the opening day of the conference, followed by a full program. To register for the pre-conference and/or full program, please access TCJ’s website at the following link: 2021 Child Welfare Judges Conference Registration. Please note that users will need to be signed in to view the webpage. Instructions for accessing the conference will be sent immediately following your registration.
The full program includes presentations on the following topics:
- A Parent’s Perspective
- How Texas Courts are Holding Hearings in Light of COVID-19
- Legislative Update: From Prevention to Extended Care
- DFPS Leadership + General Counsel Presentation
- Family First and Prevention Services Act (FFPSA)
- Community Based Care Update
- Identifying Key Supports at DFPS
- Statewide Data Presentation
- Regional Breakouts
- Addressing Kinship Placement Issues
- Learning from Older Youth
- Recognizing Judicial Leadership and Innovation
Three Continuing Judicial Education (CJE) hours and three Family Violence (FV) hours can be obtained by attending the pre-conference and the full 2021 Child Welfare Judges Conference program provides an additional 12.75 CJE and FV hours. There is no registration fee.