Please take a moment to read the following information on documenting eligibility for program participants.
Eligibility documentation requirements for RRH to PSH transfers
CT BOS recently received a response from HUD AAQ that confirms the following:
- For people currently enrolled in RRH and seeking transfer to PSH, it is not required that eligibility for PSH was verified at intake into RRH.
- Rather, documentation that the person met both the required length of time homeless and disability criteria at the time of RRH entry can be obtained at intake into PSH.
Please keep in mind:
- Time spent residing in a RRH unit does not count towards the length of time homeless requirement for PSH.
- Since the qualifying disability must be “long-continuing or of indefinite duration” and disability is not required for RRH, disability verification at PSH intake suffices.
Below is an example that illustrates these concepts:
- Drew was homeless on 2 separate occasions for a total of 12 months in the past 3 years prior to admission to RRH in August 2019.
- His eligibility documentation from his RRH entry only includes the most recent homelessness episode and does not include any documentation of disability.
- Since then, it became apparent that Drew is disabled and qualified as Dedicated PLUS at intake into RRH. He has been prioritized by the CAN for PSH.
- The PSH project admitting Drew must ensure that the following eligibility documentation is maintained in Drew’s PSH file:
- Documentation of both episodes of homelessness totaling 12 months in the 3 years prior to RRH entry.
- Documentation of disability at intake to PSH.
- Documentation that Drew was receiving RRH assistance immediately prior to PSH entry.
Updated Homeless Verification Form
In May 2019, CT BOS Steering Committee decided to convert CT BOS PSH projects to Dedicated Plus. CT BOS PSH projects were converted to Dedicated Plus in the 2019 HUD CoC competition and CANs to are now referring Dedicated PLUS applicants. Please make sure that you are using the following Homeless Verification Form and no longer use the previous form.
Feel free to contact us with any questions. Have a safe weekend.
CT BOS Team