Downtown Syracuse Business and Property Owners,
Did you know that, as of Monday, June 15th,
only 28% of reopened businesses in Downtown Syracuse
have completed New York State’s
? If your business is among the 72%
that have not yet completed the required process, we’re here to help!
Before reopening, each business is required to
(1) Complete an Online Affirmation
(2) Prepare a Business Safety Plan
While many businesses have developed a Safety Plan, many are not aware that in order to comply with NYS, they must also complete an online affirmation. Simply follow the steps below, or refer to the flyer at the end.
To review: New York State has categorized industries into four phases of reopening. Central New York is currently in Phase Three. To date, businesses in the following industries are eligible to reopen:
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting
- Retail (Limited to curbside, in-store pickup or drop off)
- Wholesale Trade
- Real Estate
- In-Store Retail
- Vehicle Sales, Leases, and Rentals
- Retail Rental, Repair, and Cleaning
- Commercial Building Management
- Hair Salons and Barbershops
- Outdoor and Takeout/Delivery Food Services
- Restaurants / Food Services
- Personal Care
To meet the NY reopening requirements:
Complete the Online Affirmation
- Click on the phase specific to your industry opening:
- Phase One
- Phase Two
- Phase Three
- Scroll down to your industry and click on “Read and Affirm Detailed Guidelines.” Read through the guidelines and, at the end of the document, click on the link to affirm that you have read and understand your obligation to operate in accordance with the guidance.
Develop a written Safety Plan
- Fill out the NY Safety Plan Template, or develop your own Safety Plan.
- Note: This plan does not need to be submitted to a state agency for approval, but it must be kept on site and available for inspection by New York State Department of Health (DOH) or local authorities.