Dear LFHS Parents/Guardians,
All good things must come to an end. As such, we hope your summer was enjoyable. Soon the building will be alive with the energy of our students and we look forward to another great year. Please read through the information below, which includes our schedule, procedure reminders, and other helpful advice.
- The school day starts at 8:15am on Scout Days and 9:00am on Blue/Gold Days.
- There are two bus routes running on Blue and Gold Days - the early route arrives to LFHS around 7:35am and the later route arrives around 8:35am.
- PLT (Personal Learning Time) is on Wednesday (Blue Days). PLT runs from 7:45am-8:45am. This is a great opportunity for students to get help from their teachers.
- Showing up to ALL classes is the foundation to success at LFHS. ATTENDANCE MATTERS!!!
- Students are allowed nine (9) absences per class, per semester. These include parent excused absences and unexcused absences.
- If a student exceeds nine (9) absences in a class, they are under review and will need to appeal for credit at the end of the semester.
- A student is considered tardy if they arrive within 10 minutes of the start of class. Arriving after 10 minutes into a class will result in an absence.
- Any student arriving to school after the start of the school day should enter through the front Commons entrance and sign in with the staff. All other entrances will be locked.
- When leaving during the middle of the day, students should sign out in the Attendance Office. They will be given a pass and asked to leave through the front Commons. If they are leaving during class, students should pick up a pass in advance from the Attendance Office in order for their teacher to know they are excused.
- Senior privileges - seniors are allowed to go off campus for lunch any day of the week. Seniors are also allowed to go off campus during ONE Non-Athletic Study Hall period on Scout Days. Any senior going off campus must have the Senior Off Campus Pass, parental permission, and be in good standing as a student at LFHS.
- If a parent needs to drop off an item for a student (i.e. lunch), it may be dropped off in the vestibule of the front Commons. If a student FORGETS an item for their after school sport, it may be dropped off in athletics area, located off the brick paver parking lot, after 2:45pm.
Helpful Advice for Students
Please remind/encourage students to:
- Check their school issued LFHS email daily. Attendance updates, as well as other reminders, are delivered via email.
- Stay in the Cafeteria, Commons, or Library for the entirety of their lunch period. Students should not be in the hallways since classes are in session.
- Utilize the supports at LFHS. If they need help, ask a teacher, dean, counselor, social worker, or staff member.
The deans are here to help. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding attendance or anything else. We welcome back our returning students and look forward to meeting the Class of 2023 and our students who are new to LFHS. Go Scouts!!
Dean of Students
Dean of Students