The health and well-being of our program participants, the general community, and staff is Lake Forest Parks & Recreation's top priority. We are working closely with local city, school, and Health Department authorities to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and respond accordingly.
Also, we are proactively working to ensure the health and safety of our residents and staff. Our building and grounds teams are cleaning and sanitizing high touch places often in our buildings such as counters, handrails, doorknobs, faucet handles, etc.
Some specific items we have implemented at the Recreation Center are:
- Added hand sanitizers in the hallways for public use.
- Antibacterial wipes are available in the Fitness Center and Studios for staff and participant use.
- Staff are vigilantly cleaning door knobs/handles and other commonly touched areas throughout the day in addition to regular cleaning duties that are performed nightly after hours.
- We are asking any participant or parent of participant to use their best judgement when deciding to attend programs at the Recreation department if they are ill or if they have symptoms of a cold/flu. If symptoms are present, we ask that you refrain from participating.
How you can help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19:
- Get a flu shot - it's not too late (although that won’t help Covid-19).
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer of at least 60% alcohol if soap and water isn’t available.
For more information, please click on the links below:
For those not online, the Illinois Department of Public Health has set up a COVID-19 Hotline: 1-800-889-3931.
As the local, state, and national landscapes continue to evolve, we will remain vigilant and continue to keep you informed.