We believe as a community when a crisis arrives, we are all in it together. The COVID-19 outbreak is no exception. As you have supported us for the last 35 years, we are here to support you, too. With that in mind, we at The Caring Place want to update you on some of the important actions we are taking in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak to keep our volunteers, customers, donors, neighbors and staff safer. As you may know, The Caring Place is home to nearly 500 dedicated volunteers. Much of the work of The Caring Place is in their hands every single day. So, it is with a heart full of love and concern for our many volunteers and members of our community, that The Caring Place is making some hard choices today. Effective immediately, please note the following information and partial closure at The Caring Place:
- Both thrift stores, The Shops at The Caring Place located at 2000 Railroad Avenue and Second Helping at 3700 Williams Drive, are closed until further notice.
- Donations drive through at 2000 Railroad Avenue is closed until further notice, and item pick ups are suspended.
- Programs & Services at 2001 Railroad Avenue and the Food Pantry at 2000 Railroad will re services on Tuesday, March 17th.
- All of The Caring Place is closed on Monday, March 16th for planning, with the exception of Fresh Food for Families.
- Fresh Food for Families will continue at 2000 Railroad Avenue at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, March 16th. This event distributes fresh food in The Caring Place drive through to any family that needs produce. Walk up service will be available for those who do not have a car. Staff only will be distributing for this event.
- All volunteers may not report to The Caring Place until further notice.
At a time like this, our community needs The Caring Place more than ever. For that reason, our doors will remain open for those individuals who need food and assistance with bills and case management through Programs & Services. The Caring Place will operate with our small team of staff to ensure those volunteers that may be vulnerable are not increasing their risk by being at The Caring Place. For the neighbors and staff who will be at The Caring Place during this partial closure, please know we are taking many precautions and encourage you to help us in order for everyone to remain healthy. Please heed the following:
- Utilize sanitizing stations in the building after touching items.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds throughout the day.
- The Caring Place staff is disinfecting surfaces regularly.
- Stay home if you are not well or live with someone who has the coronavirus or has flu-like symptoms. Do not return to The Caring Place until you and your family members are fever-free without medication for at least 48 hours.
As the situation changes, we will do our best to keep you updated on activities at The Caring Place. Please continue to read emails from The Caring Place as well as check our Facebook account. Our top priority is the health and well-being of our neighbors, volunteers and employees, and we will fulfill our Mission of providing for the basic needs of all people in our community as long as we are able.
Until we see you again, we wish you good health, caring hearts and our best wishes.